Sunday, 21 August 2011

Week In Photos

Hello ladies, hope you are having a nice relaxing Sunday!

This week has flown by, once again I am sat here thinking where did it even go, what did I even do?!

Purchases this week have been minimal, apart from a pair of PJ bottoms in the Primark sale reduced to £2 on Monday here is the one thing I have purchased for myself!

Again from Primark, a bow elastic hair band, after my haircut on Thursday I decided to treat my newly healthy hair to an accessory. I have always been unsure on the elastic hair band craze so decided to pick up a cheapy one in case I never wear it. From £1.50 I thought I would give it a try.

Had a pleasant surprise on Saturday morning! My boyfriend had been out at his friends house on Friday night when said friend went to put an 80 G Ipod Classic in the bin when he enquired if it was broken, and said friend said "no, I just don't want it". WHAT?! I had said a few times to the boyfriend "oh I'd love a big ipod, especially the classic", so when he pulled it out of his bag on Saturday morning I was both very happy to have it and even more happy that he had remember it. After he gave it to me he said "so how many ipods do you have"

I have 5. 5!!!!! Admittedly one of them is my Iphone 4, which most people that have one use as their Ipod. So Steve Jobs, you are the one that has all my money, if you fancy giving me some back that would be fab. I have decided to sell the 3 nanos as I feel two is probably enough for most people!

This week I have restarted Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series after lending them to Ali. When she gave me them back after reading through the first 2 in a matter of days I thought I'd re read them as I haven't actually brought any books in a couple of months so I am starved for some light hearted reading.

(Image via Google Images)

This week I have been watching True Blood. I know, I know how late on the band wagon can someone be?! I never watched it due to 2 factors 1) when it came out I only had freeview and it was never on any of those channels 2) After I heard other people talking about it I didn't think it sounded like a show I would enjoy. During my recent trip to London with Ali her dad put it on and I was hooked from Episode 1, I am now on season 2 and I must see more!

(Taken with Instagram)

This week I tried a coffee caramel frappacino (I know AGAIN, beyond late on the band wagon!) and if i am completely honest I wasn't all that impressed. I love coffee, Ali was asked by her dad what I liked to drink and Ali answered "coffee and water" which is completely correct, in a normal day I will drink coffee and water and that's it. Occasionally when I am out and about I will drink diet coke or other soft drinks but fairly rarely. I had a couple of problems with this drink. The coffee flavour to a large extent cancels out the flavour of the camarel so you only get a hint of caramel, almost as an after taste. Another problem I found is that you need to drink it very quickly, because if you don't you don't just have a cold coffee drink with an after taste of caramel, you have a watery coffee drink with an after taste of caramel. But my main problem with this drink? A medium is £3.60, which in my opinion is a lot of money to charge for what is essentially added ice and flavouring. I know some people love them, but for me I think I will always been a "proper coffee" girl.

Last night I went to see the Inbetweeners Movie with Ali and my little sister. It is pretty funny and if you are a fan of the show you should go see it! It has been a long time since I went to see a film at the Cinema. It has been such a long time that when I last went to see a film it was £6.50!

I hope you all have had a good week!

3 comments:

  1. It was only £6 for me with my student card :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ticket wad £6 with my student card ;) Have also finished all the Shopaholic books now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the guy was going to just bin that ipod!!! I have a grand total of zero ipods, I dont like not being able to hear properly when I am out, I know how weird am I!

    True Blood is awesome, you will love the other series x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!