Monday, 26 September 2011

Recent Beauty Buys

Evening special ladies! Tonight I thought I would share with you some favourite beauty buys of recent.

I have been on a slight beauty binge recently. Having had little luck finding any decent Autumn/Winter clothes I even vaguely like I have turned to beauty products for that quick pick me up feeling.

This was today's beauty haul courtesy of Superdrug and there tempting special offers. Left to right we have Garnier Pure Deep Clean Foam wash on offer for £1.95, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Lusciously Long Deep Treatment on offer for 2 for £5.99, Aquafresh Extreme Mouthwash on offer for £1.29, Superdrug Orange & Satsuma and Strawberry and Raspberry shower gels on offer for 2 for £1.45 and Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo again on offer for 2 for £5.99. Not a bad lot for £10.72!



Next up is a purchase from Friday, this is Rub Rub Rub from Lush. This is an utterly beautiful product. I popped in to Lush with Ali to help her pick out a birthday present. After a quick sad sigh at the bath bombs (I no longer have a bath) we were browsing the other items a lovely sales assistant came over to tell us about them. I wasn't really in the market for a large tub of shower scrub but 1) it looks like a blue slush puppy and 2) when she demonstrated the product for me her hand came away so soft I had to have it. And trust me for £7.75 a pot it really did feel amazing. The product itself smells fairly fruity with a hint of lemon. The mix is fairly coarse with large bits of sea salt. This scrub can also be used on hair to give it volume but I will not be doing this as apparently it will strip hair colour! The other plus of this product is after giving it a couple of days of testing you need very little, a small amount on a flannel will lather up nicely and you can do your whole body.

Next up, the much raved about Garnier B.B Miracle Skin Perfector. I know this product and several like it have been making there way round many, many blogs but I thought I would way in with my opinion. I had been umming and arring over this product for a while and finally took the plunge. There were a couple of reasons I was hesitant to purchase this product, 1) I am not a fan of foundation, I find it really bothering and cakey 2) The colour is a bit off, the "light" is fairly dark in my opinion 3) The price is a little eye watering for such a new product (well new to the U.K) £9.99 for 50mls. The latter reason was some what calmed when I saw it on offer for £7.99 in Superdrug. Reasons 1 and 2 were also some what squashed when I realised that it smelt divine and was fairly lightweight, I also realised that you could blend it quite nicely. So far I have only worn it twice but I am fairly impressed. I wore it to my friends wedding this weekend and I felt fairly ill and my skin was a horrible mess, a small blob of this and I think it turned out O.K.


I know I have already used this photo of me but I think my skin looks quite even for how bad it looked earlier in the day! Although I quite like this product I am excited to see what other brands will bring out as its early days for B.B cream.

Would love some recommendations for any great beauty items if anyone has any? Hope everyone has had a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment & make my day!