Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Aussie Lucious Long & Mircale Review

Good evening ladies! Hoping are all well and warm this chilling night!

Tonight I thought I would share with you my thoughts on the Aussie range. 


Let me set the tone - I had the worlds driest hair, beyond dry. And very damaged. I have been dying my hair since I was 14, a variety of colours, mostly red but I did have a brief fling with blonde when I was around 18, which has taken 4 years to grow the damage out. My hair has taken a beating in it's time, and more often than not it doesn't actually feel like "hair" as in it doesn't feel soft at all. I usually just buy whichever shampoo and conditioner is on offer in the supermarket in a "I don't care it's cheap" way (within reason, usually a brand). I have tried every Herbal essences (so many types, all feel exactly the same), All the TRESemme Range (Yeah, OK, This is fine...) and every range you can think of!

I finally thought I should do something about my hair. I had heard great things about the Aussie range in the past, but I had always taken it with the proverbial pinch of salt. I picked up the Luscious Long shampoo and deep treatment in Superdrug on a 2 for £6 deal, and the Miracle Insurance in Boots on a half price offer. 


First up (in order you would use it!) The Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo. My first thought when using it was "ooo look at the colour" as it is a faded blue which is down to the "Australian Blue Mountain Blend" which according to the back of the bottle was a type of coffee containing Eucalyptus! The shampoo itself is nice and lathers well. The smell however isn't particularly amazing, really smells of Eucalyptus! 


Next up. The Aussie Luscious Long 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment. The consistency of this is very thick and you do need quiet a lot to do long hair. The results however are amazing, you can feel it softening your hair as you wash it out! But, however, the smell! It is probably the worst smelling deep treatment I have ever whiffed! The first time I put it on I was sure I had brought an out of date one, but after a quick scan of the back, I realised it has avocado oil in. It really is an unpleasant smell which is odd as Aussie usually smells wonderful.


This is a classic and a beauty favourite. Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance. This is a spray that goes on sopping wet hair as you step out the shower. This is the wonderful "Aussie" smell of Jojoba oil. Which is great for covering the smell of the other two! It really helps to make your hair feel extra healthy!

So overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Aussie makes my hair feels, and it will defiantly be repurchased, but I think next time I will give them a smell before I buy! I think I am also going to stock up when I see them on offer, as at £4ish a bottle that is way to expensive for my budget!

Have you tried the Aussie range? If you have any recommendations on the best smelling ones, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you looking to try out some of the range without spending too much money try the shop called bodycare? i dont know if your area will have one but theyre a cheaper shop for products xx
    http://littledashofspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!