Sunday, 2 October 2011

What's In My Daily Make Up Bag

Good evening ladies, hope you all having a lovely sunny Sunday!

My make up bag has recently exploded, it is stuffed to the point where I can no longer close it! After a holiday love affair with Sephora I have been on a total beauty binge and I really must stop before I am a well made up bag lady!

So I have transferred my daily make up to a smaller bag so it is easier to find! Nothing worse than being in a rush and not being able to find your mascara/eyeshadow/glitter lashes etc etc. 

As I wear minimal make up on a day to day basis I only need a couple of bits to grab on my way out. I picked up a little Panda make up bag in Primark for £2.50.

Two of my all time favourite products, Yves Touche Eclat in 1 and Benefits Lemon aid. The Touche Eclat is a beauty classic and does the trick every time, the lemon aid is an eyelid primer and great for "sticking" eye shadow on all day. Its a yellowy colour and its this colour to neutralise redness which it does. Niether are a cheap product, with Touche Eclat somewhere between £20 and £25, and Lemon Aid so where between £17 and £20 but I believe in these products to relieved and they will always be a repurchase.

Two new products to my make up bag. I have already blogged about the Garnier B.B cream here and it's ease of use has earned it merit. The Porefessional is only a tester and I already know that will be a repurchase! The formula is slightly grainy which is different for a primer as they are usually silky to touch but I do think it works very well and pores are definitely reduced. Garnier retails for around £9.99 and Porefessional is around £23.50 which is pricey as the tube is fairly small.

Benefit They're Real mascara has had a love / hate relationship in the blogger world. I am personally in LOVE with this product. The wand is my idea of perfection, I prefer the "spikey" brushes as I think they leave a less spidery effect. I find it easy to layer without clumping and I noticed much longer lashes from the first application. They're Real retails for around £18.50, again not a cheap product (I seem to have expensive taste) but I think it is worth it rather than purchasing several £7 mascaras aren't quiet what I was looking for.


Mac's Dainty Mineral Blush, a very light pink blusher that is probably the least worn product in this bag, this will come out on a day out but I am a fan on subtle make up and this is a little more flashy than I would usually wear. Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl highlighter, I really love this product! It has a unique applicator which is grid that lets through a small amount when twisted from the bottom. This is the very lightest pink and has a slight shimmer. Mac's Mineral Blushers cost around £18 and Benefit Girl Meets Pearl is a budget blowing £24.50!


Chanel's Liberty Eye Shadow. This is again a lovely subtle colour and great for day to day wear. The powder is soft to touch and very easy to apply. I find that you only need a very small amount of this product, one sweep will do a whole eye easily. Again (I know, I know I have a problem) a pricey end product at £21. 

And that is it, I am a firm believer in not wearing make up every day and only wearing if it I am going out. I am also a firm believer in make up to enhance beauty and not covering it, so it is unlikely you will ever see me "caked" in make up. 

I would also like to add that this looks like a stupidly pricey make up bag but almost every piece in my bag I either got on offer or in America so I haven't paid full price for any of this! For example I purchased the Lemon Aid on eBay (brand new in box) for £3 so it is always worth a look around to save your hard earned money!

Hope you are all having a wonderful night and for those of you that are fans enjoyed the X Factor this evening!

2 comments:

  1. That panda makeup bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually when someone doesn't know afterward its up to other people that they will help, so here it happens.

    Feel free to visit my website - cash n go

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!