Monday, 30 January 2012

Soap & Glory Face Soap Review

Hello lovely ladies. 

Soap & Glory are a brand that is well recognised by bloggers, every one seems to have a favourite product or products. Soap & Glory's Face Soap & Clarity is one of mine. I have been using it for just over a month so I thought I would do a review as I feel I've had time give it a good go.

What does it look like?

As always with Soap and Glory the packaging is bright and has a vintage style. This is the same with every single S&G product, I find my self in boots picking things up that catch my eye just to have a look at the packaging. This isn't to everyone's taste and I see this being picked up on a lot but I personally really like it, it feels very girly. 

So what's in it? 

Its a 3 in 1 daily detox vitamin c facial wash with extracts of the superfruit plum. It also has an explanation that even though it is called Face Soap it actually contains no soap, its in fact a high tech, non-drying easy-rinse surfactants but they couldn't find a good pun for it. I was actually really pleased about as I find soap very drying, especially to my face. It also has little pink beads which help to exfoliate the skin.


So how do you use it?

They say - "Squeeze a grape sized measure of this onto slightly damp skin and rub until a soft lather forms all over. Rinse well (and follow with eye cream and moisturiser)". I personally would say that grape size would probably be a little bit to much. When I first got this product I squeezed it out with a little bit too much enthusiasm and found that I had far to much left over. One of the best things about this product is how far a little goes, I would say that you only really need about the size of two peas unless you are trying to take off make up. I did managed to get a good amount of the Double Wear foundation off with it! As for eye cream and moisturiser that is really your call!

Does it work?
I would say it actually does! You can almost feel it working under your fingers. My skin always feels a little brighter and really clean after using it. It also doesn't make any crazy claims on the bottle, it says to clean and brighten, which it does!

How would I rate this product?
I would probably give this product a 9/10, it looses a point as the smell is not amazing, it smells very clean but not quite as nice as some of there other products. It also looses a point as the price is a little bit expensive (I think, for my budget at any rate) for face wash, as it retails in boots for £7. Luckily Soap and Glory is more often than not on a 3 for 2 offer. So you could get 3 tubes for £14, or mix in a few different bits and give other things a go. I am actually going to do this in a few days as I am nearly out of this, sad times.

Have you ladies tried this one? What's your favourite Soap & Glory product?

X

9 comments:

  1. You nifty so and so, :( i was going to review this product this week :P!! argg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry, do it anyway and I'll deffo check it out :D x

      Delete
  2. I have started using the soap and glory makeup it is so good. I didn't have huge expectations but it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I keep thinking about giving some of it a go, I think its on offer too, how tempting... :) x

      Delete
  3. I love Soap and Glory products, will definitely try this out :D Thanks for sharing.

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to slowly try them all, problem is I like most of them so I end up wanting more things every month :)

      Delete
  4. Has anyone tried the Sainsbury stuff thats blatantly modelled on s&g? Packagin is pretty much the same think I will giv it a go and review on my blog x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!