Friday, 10 February 2012

Be My Funny Valentine?

Evening ladies.

So, as you are all probably aware we are fast approaching the day with the biggest love / hate relationship. Yes ladies, it is almost Valentines Day. Yes. That's right. That one day of the year that everyone has a different opinion on. 

We have the loved up lovers so mushy it makes us want to throw up in heart shapes, and then the people who straight up hate it. I personally can understand both sides. Yes it's nice to have an excuse to spoil your loved ones, but I also understand  if you can't stand it and celebrate February 15th with the excitement of Christmas morning. Personally? I sit somewhere in the middle. Yeah it's nice, we usually do a little something for it, get each other a funny card and a funny gift. More of a nod towards Valentines than a romance binge. 

With that in mind, I thought I would compile a list of funny Valentines gifts 2012. By funny I mean small, jokey and cute. Not a "posing pouch" or anything like that! So if you are heading out in that frantic search for a gift this weekend, here are a few things you may like!

The Ladies. 

Jellycat Pip Bunny - Paperchase - £7
I think this is really cute, a small token of affection. Plus, it's a bunny!


Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar - Lush - £2.45
A sweeping generalisation here, but on the whole, ladies like a bit of Lush. What I particularly like about the Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar is even though it is marketed as a Valentines item, I don't really see why. The closest thing to lovey dovey on this bath bomb is the red top. A perfect something if your lady doesn't really care for hearts and sexy undies. 

Pink Hearts 1/2 Pint Mug - Emma Bridgewater - £17.95
A bit of a budget blower but something that can be kept after the 15th of January. But don't worry, if you don't have the finer part of £18 to blow on a mug, Morrisions (yep the supermarket) do a pretty good Emma B dupes. The shape is the same, with varying heart prints, but they are £2 each or 2 for £3. See this post (bottom image) for a picture of one.

Hampton Rose Heart Coin Purse - Cath Kidston - £9
Pretty heart shaped Cath Kidston? If your lady likes vintage floral prints and shopping this is probably a winner. 

The Boys:


Character Notable Moustaches - Paperchase - £5.
I'm not going to lie, this would make a wonderful gift. You can all get a laugh looking like Hulk Hogan, and you will remember that valentines as the day when you both wore stick on moustaches and laughed a lot. Sounds pretty good to me. 


Jay Jay Tea Rex Mug - Urban Outfitters - £9.
In my experience, boys love dinosaurs. Again, another sweeping generalisation, but being of the generation that grew up with Jurassic Park I think there is a little bit of most people that want it to happen, even though in the film it didn't exactly go to plan! Oh, and it's holding a tea cup so it's a cute dinosaur. 

Tickets to see Star Wars Episode 1- £varies
There a pretty big chance the man in your life may want to see this. On the other hand, you may not (personally I really do!). It is a perfect "selfless" gift. Plus if you brought the tickets then he should pay for the sweeties!

So that's the lot. Now ladies, Valentines, love or hate it? Do you like little gifts, big gifts, or no gifts at all? 

X

14 comments:

  1. I am like you also. I have never really gone all out for it. My and my boyfriend normally go out the evening after when the restaurants aren't rammed full and over priced lol. I love the little gifts you have here, very cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan. We always try to avoid restaurants on valentines day, so pricey!

      Delete
  2. Those moustaches look amazing! Such a cool idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the moustaches are sooo funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a single one before and it made me giggle loads

      Delete
  4. Haha I really enjoyed this post, you have some really good ideas, and i loved the 'sweeping generalisations', I'd make exactly the same ones ha.

    The dinosaur mug is amazing!

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I am seriously considering ordering it for myself :p x

      Delete
  5. I'm exactly the same, we do the vague Valentine's thing and maybe go out for dinner and cinema, but nothing outrageously 'romantic'. I just like any excuse to eat out!! And the 'sweeping generalisations' definitely include us! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teehee I know its a bit cheeky to say everyone loves X, but a lot of the times its almost true. And I think vague is the best, I don't like forcing the romance and it works for us :)

      Delete
  6. I am going to have to buy myself that bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love jellycat and I have big love for the bunny

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!