Thursday, 9 February 2012

Jewellery Storage

Hello ladies!

This week we have been sprucing up our little flat. It was desperately needed to turn it from a dark little mess to somewhere that we wanted to live in! Today I thought I would share with you one of the only fully "done" bits, my jewellery corner (yes it needs a while corner!).


As storage and floor space is limited, we put shelves on top of my cheapy ikea draws that I keep my clothes in, so we could use the almost endless space upwards (our flat is really small but with crazy high ceilings). It's the first time in a long time that I have been through all my jewels and really sorted them out and got it all organised and neat.


Nail Varnish.
Ok, not really jewellery but thought I would through it in anyway. Nail varnishes have been displayed in a long line so I can see what I have. I know I probably don't have a lot in some peoples eyes but I was the girl that only owned one a year ago. I tend to forget what I have, for example the other day I was sat thinking I would like a blue nail varnish. I have a blue one, Gone Gonzo from the Muppets OPI collection. This way I can see what I have and what I fancy wearing.


Rings.
I only have a few one these as I suffer from a condition that I like to call "Sausage fingers". High street rings rarely fit my chubbys. But the few I do have like on this little ring tree I picked up in a charity shop for around £1. Really simple storage but it keeps them all together.


Earrings.
I keep all my everyday studs in a little paper mache bowl I made in primary school around the bottom of a balloon and painted blue. I was so proud of it then and I still am now! My favourite earrings of the moment I keep in an old jewellery present box, which I cut a small piece of styrofoam to fit so I could push the back of the earring in to, so that they wouldn't slip about. This is good for grabbing in a rush on the way out the door as they are all together. I also use this to take earrings on holiday, as nothing annoys me more than crushed studs!


Necklaces.
I keep every day necklaces on a small wire birdcage that's original purpose was a tea light holder. I brought this in Paperchase early last year in the sale for £5 and I am still really happy with it. I had been looking a birdcage for this for a while but after watching a few on eBay sell for over £20 I gave up on the idea. Its really easy way to pile jewellery up high, but still be able to get to them when you need them.


Hair Accessories.
It can't be just me that finds kirby grips all around the flat, and ends up with none left. With that in mind I've put all my hairs accessories & hair bands in this silver box from Past Times. I chose this one because it has a lid and there is no chance they can escape (because I'm sure its them getting up and walking around, rather than me dropping them!).


Brooches.
I have to admit, I never wear brooches. Mainly, because I forget I own any! I have grouped them together and left them on top of one of my wind up musical Hello Kitty music boxes (yes, I have two) so I can actually remember to put them on!


Hair care.
I've put all my hair care bits, hair brush, hair dryer, bigger clips on this small tear drop dish I picked up from a charity shop. I rarely blow dry my hair (it becomes super fuzzy) but I know where it is when I need it. I only brought a hair dryer recently after seeing this little Remington for £2. It's travel sized but it works enough just to get it a bit dry.


Beauty bits. 
Bits that don't really fit in to my tiny en suite, perfume, deodorant, leave in conditioner and that sort of stuff. They have been confined to this heart shaped basket to keep them neat and stop them spreading across the room. 



Favourites. 
I've left my bits out so I can grab them quickly. I've left the boxed bits in the original boxes to keep them "safe". The other bits I've just left on the side so I can see it all. 
How do you ladies organise your jewellery? Keep it all in a box or display it?

X

23 comments:

  1. My jewellery is everywhere. Bedrooms, living room, kitchen,... I have got jewellery boxes and stands in every room. And big basket for bangles :) another basket for hair accessories and more baskets for more stuff. I have got too much stuff and it really needs sorted. I will get inspired by your post and do something about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's really sweet, but I still keep my watches in the front room (I can't stand ticking when I'm trying to sleep) but it has been nice to get it all organised :)

      Delete
  2. youve inspired me 2 go and sort out all my stuff now lol and dont worry it happens me with kirby grips, i dont know where they go 2 lol x

    http://c-a-tmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I knew it wasn't just me!

      Delete
  3. You have some very pretty nail polishes!
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am a big fan of glitter

      Delete
  4. Love the little ring tree, you've got some gorgeous polishes! x

    sffhcks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, I very nearly didn't buy the tree, glad I did now! x

      Delete
  5. You are so neat and organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes I am, I am a little bit Monica. I grew up in a very tidy house :)

      Delete
  6. God I need a major sort out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good organisation post.
    My jewellery tends to get reorganised every few months because I never quite find a method of organising that totally works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done it a lot in the last few years, I like to change it around and keep it looking new :)

      Delete
  8. I love reading storage posts and really like the idea of a birdcage for storing necklaces! I've got most of my everyday necklaces on an Ikea jewellery tree which is fairly organised but all my earings are just thrown in a box and I can never find a matching pair in a morning. I really need to sort them out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same with my earrings until I needed to take them away for Christmas and the push box just stuck :) x

      Delete
  9. This is so cute, I really wish I was this organised! My stuff is everywhere, and I find myself frantically trying to find things and they end up turning up in the cutlery draw or something!

    Really want to ask though, that big goldish ring on the left of the ring picture - where is it from? It's gorgeous!

    Lola ..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green frog one (It does sort of look like a goldfish though you're right!) is from a tiny jewellery shop in Bristol years and years ago, the one below it is from Accessorize and was in the sale this year :)

      Delete
  10. Love the little birdcage xx Great blog xx Wanted to invite you to come and check out my 200 follower giveaway - winner receives £50 of Mac and an opi designer polish xx hope you get a chance to check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. had a few of the jewellery hands but kept knocking them over :( I lost so many fingers on them I had to throw them out. I must look out for new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always though that about the hand ones, it was too tall for me :)

      Delete
  12. I forgot the I at the start of the last comment sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!