Monday, 6 February 2012

Paul And Joe Cat Collection Eyeshadow

Hello ladies.

A couple of days a go I had a bit of a splurge. You may of heard of the Paul & Joe Cat Collection (Available from ASOS). I found out about it months back when Gem from Flutter and Sparkle posted a photo on Instagram, and that was it. I was in love. The problem was it is very expensive, for my budget at least. But last week ASOS were running a 25% off for students (the boyfriend is a student, not me) which unusually included 20% off beauty items. I was sold! I am a crazy cat lady at heart.


I went for the Face & Eye Colour in Siamese Please. The packaging it came in was already beautiful, I almost didn't want to open it! But then I remembered it was eye shadow and to use it I would have to open it!


Oh so pretty! The cat is pressed in to the powder to make up 3 different colours, a brown, beige and a light white. 


So here are the swatches, the white cats tummy was incredibly difficult to photograph on my paper white skin. I think the tummy and the background will blend together nicely to make an easy to wear shade & the body will make a nice liner. Overall all good shades I would wear again & again. Although it says its for eyes & face, other than the white shade, I'm not sure you could wear this on your cheeks without looking fairly orange (especially if you are the whitest shade of white like me). You could maybe use the white as a cheek high lighter but it would be too pale for me and would not show up.

All the pieces in the Cat Collection are celebrating it's 10th anniversary & are limited edition. Although I love this product they are pricey, the above costing £21.50 (I paid £17.30 with the discount) and the cheapest item being £16.00 for a paw print lipstick. I am glad I got this as I had being eyeing it up, the problem is I now want the shimmer stick and the pressed powder.

Has anyone brought anything from the Cat Collection? A fan or too pricey? 

X

15 comments:

  1. I reaaallly want some of this collection but can't justify the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, It was hard for me to part with the money without weeping haha x

      Delete
  2. That's looks really cute. Haven't seen anything like it before. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, cat themed make up, they really were on to a winner :)

      Delete
  3. It is gorgeous, I kind of want the greeny cat eyeshadow but again can't justify it especially after having just spent forty odd quid on nail polish... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :p that's a good amount of money :)

      Delete
  4. so cute... I love cats! lovely blog! I am your newest follower!
    Greets from Dublin!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you that's really lovely :) x

      Delete
  5. Such a cute thing of shadows and pretty colors! Now following!
    xoxo
    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I love the cat's body colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul & Joe packagings are always very cute... But this is sooo special!!! I'm a fan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want the cat blusher sticks so badly, but I dont think I can justify spending £21 on one!! Maybe next time theres a sale! Great post =] x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too had my eye on them for ages but didnt know where I could buy them till read this :D x

      Delete
  9. These are pricey but SOOO cute! And I'm not even a cat person!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!