Monday, 27 February 2012

Save, Spend Or Splurge Moisturizer

Hello lovelies. 

Today I'm bringing you my save, spend or splurge on moisturizer (or body lotion or body butter or anything else that falls in to the general keeping skin nice category). I personally have quite a collection of moisturizer, ranging from cheap as chips to more of the "HOW MUCH?!". I never thought much of my skin, skin is skin right? But I've recently had a few compliments on it's softness so here are my top performers.

SAVE.

Yes that's right, one whole pound for 300ml of lotion. This really is a lovely product, for a great price. The consistency is thick and creamy with comes out nicely from the pump top. It has a lovely grapefruit smell but this range comes in a variety of smells, so if grapefruit isn't your thing, perhaps peach? Or coconut? For £1 you can't really go wrong. I've kept this by my bed to keep my hands soft before bed. It's not recommended for facial use but I have tried a little on my face I didn't have a problem but as always with skin it all depends of your personal skin type.

Spend.

As you all have probably seen, I am a massive fan of S&G. This is a really lovely thick consistency, to the extent that you can squeeze it out upside down and it will make an upright line of body butter. It is scented with their body spray "mist your madly's" so the smell could be quite familiar for some of you lovelies. One of the best bits of this body butter is that you need very, very little of it. To get my hands feeling lovely and smooth I need about half the size of a 1p coin. This is in my "will repurchase" internal shopping list.  

Splurge.


Yep. An eye watering £19.50 for 50ml. I had no intention of ever buying this. That is, until I had a Benefit make over last year and had to have whatever was on my face. Firstly the smell, oh my god, it smells really fruity with tones of mango. It is also oil free, which is perfect for putting on before primer. It also contains SPF 15 which is always an added bonus for the very faired skin lady like myself (I once got sunburnt threw a window with the curtains closed!). It is fairly runny in consistency but it spreads around nicely. If you fancied trying the Benefit face care range they have recently started selling a set of the entire face care range in minis for £10 in places like Boots or House Of Fraser.

Although I love all three of these I am always open to more shopping, so if you ladies have a favourite let me know!

X

4 comments:

  1. I like this, and you should make it a regular feature! (if you can afford the Splurge things!). I'd love to try the Benefit skincare range but the price tag scares me, thanks for the tip-off about the minis though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hun, and the minis are a decent size and you get the lot :) I saw them in ASOS and then in Boots, might have a sneaky purchase of them myself :) x

      Delete
  2. Great post :) I've just recently splurged on Liz Earle moisturiser because it is doing good things to my face!

    I'm ashamed to admit, I have yet to try any S&G products (bar the free mascara I got with Elle). xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with Milly - regular feature please! :)

    I'm totally with you on the S&G stuff, I love it! A friend bought me a set for Christmas that had the body butter in it, it's amazing isn't it?!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!