Thursday, 16 February 2012

Top 10 Make Up Super Stars

Hello ladies.

I'm sure like every girl I have my "favourite" make up, and make up that I use occasionally. My make up super stars are the bits that stay in my every day make up bag so I can grab it when I'm in a rush to leave the house and throw it on. These are top 10 bits that I find myself more often than not reaching for.


MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty. I love this blusher. In fact I love it so much it's the only one I own because others just don't live up to it. It's a pretty pale pink colour and the best part, it is very very light. I usually find blushers a little "cakey", but this one is so light on the skin you can almost forget that you have it on. It's fairly pricey at £19.00 but I think its worth every penny as it has lasted for months and I've barely made a dent on the dome. 


Max Factor Lipfinty Lasting Lip Tint Shade 4 Berry Burst. I have a confession, I hate lip gloss & lipstick. I find it unbearably sticky and find my hair stuck to my face. I have tried all different varieties and never found one that has worked for me and found myself wiping it off minutes after putting it on. For that reason I now stick to lip stains and / or tints. Although I did like Benetint at first I found it a little fussy to apply (why oh why does it have nail varnish brush that can be flicked all over the place when taking it out?!) I then heard that Max Factor was bringing out it's own version in a pen form. It is so so easy to put on, think being 3 again and drawing on your lips with a felt tip (I cannot be the only one that did that!). There is a massive variety of shades but I found Berry Burst a good middle between dark red and pink. It retails at around £7.99 but is often on offer in Boots and I picked mine up for around £5. 


Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in shade 1. I don't have bags under my eyes. No, no. I have suitcases. The sort of suitcases that when you try to check them in when your at the airport you find yourself on the floor in a desperate attempt to stuff a bit more in to your hand luggage to try an save yourself an extra £50. I've tried a lot of concealers, from cheap Collection 2000 (or Collection as it has recently been rebranded) to Chanel. Most of them have been ok but just not the same as this one. It covers but not only does it actually brighten. It brightens up the eyes and leaves my bags where they should be, checked in whilst I have a look in duty free. Yes it's a touch expensive at £25 but if you look around at places like http://www.cheapsmells.com/ you can find it for around £18. 


Benefit The Porefessional. This primer or "pro balm" minimizes the the look of pores, and it does! Not completely but they definitely look reduced. I only have the little 7.5 ml tester sized one which I brought as part of a mini set with That Gal (nice but a bit too pinky) and Stay Don't Stray (an eyelid primer which is a bit too runny for my liking) from Sephora. I was unsure on which one to buy so decided to buy the mini set so I could give them all a go. One of the best things about this product is that you only need the tiniest amount because it spreads around really well. I have only used about half this tube in 4 months. When it runs out I will be purchasing the full sized one which retails around £23.50. 



Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner. This is a new addition to my make up bag. I won this as part of a give away prize which I was really chuffed about as I had wanted to try it for a while. You get a small frosted glass pot of the gel eye liner & a small brush. When I first opened this I stuck the brush in and swept it around and found that I had far far too much of the product on the brush. I scraped it off in to the pot and started again, finding that you only needed the tiniest dip in to the pot. To get a thin line like the one above you literally need the smallest dot of the liner. The brush is easy to use but you do need a steady hand or to be practised in putting liquid eye liner on as it long lasting it can be difficult to correct if you go wrong. It costs around £7.99 but I can never see this product ever actually running out so it will last you until your bored of it!


Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm. This has been my winter saviour and it has kept my lips chap free. It has a lovely minty taste. I have a lot of lip balms but I can say that this one is a thing of beauty. This is an American product but House of Fraser have recently started selling the entire Smith's range for around £8 but you can also get it from Amazon for around £6. Slightly pricey for a lip balm but it is a big tin at 22 grams, I have used this almost daily since September and I have barely made a dent. 


Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Highlighter. This was a product that I never knew I need until I tested it on the back on my hand and just HAD to have it. It's a gorgeous pinky highlighter with undertones of gold. It comes in a twist bottom tube that has a mesh effect top. I use a small around under my brow bone to high light my eyes or on my cheeks for a subtle dewy glow. Again, a little pricey at £24.50 but you can now buy a set of full sized Porefessional and two tester sized Girl Meets Pearl and Erase Paste for £23.50 effectively making it free.


I know I know, another Benefit product, I have a weakness! Bad Gal eye liner is a nice and chunky. Its a good consistency and easy to apply which is all I want from an eye liner. I got this free on the cover of Glamour a while back, but it retails at £14.00 but you can find it for around £5 on ebay. 


Benefit Lemon Aid. A creamy eyelid primer with a yellow tint. It's intended to be able to be worn alone to reduce redness on eyelids, but it also helps keep eye shadow stuck to your eyelids all day. I prefer this consistency to the Stay Don't Stray because I find it easier to apply and found the eye shadow stayed in place for much longer. I have hit pan with this product due to using it almost every day! It retails around £16.50 but it's another one that you can find on eBay for much cheaper. 


Benefit They're Real Mascara. This mascara was my wonder product. I had heard a lot of hype around the product but decided to wait until I was in America to pick it up as it was much cheaper. I had pretty high expectations, and they were all met. I am a big fan of the spiky brush, as I think they separate much better than traditional fluffy wands. It can also be layered with out clumping which is an added bonus so you can really make them as long as you want. Again, not a cheap product as it retails at around £18.50 but I have spent a small fortune on disappointing mascaras so I see it almost, almost, as saving money!

So those are my make up super stars, seemingly almost all Benefit! What products are you loving? 

X

18 comments:

  1. great products, i really want to try the mac blushes they look great quality.

    Check out my blog for a 'red carpet round up'
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blusher looks lovely, very unusual colour!
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been dying for a mac blusher and I think this colour is ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has lasted ages, but I know they are expensive :( x

      Delete
  4. Love your makeup stuffs.

    I've been thinking of getting Touche Eclat but wondering whether it will make a difference or not. I don't really get (or at least notice!) bags under my eyes, but would like to try a highlighter.

    The blusher looks great too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely product but I definitely notice the difference due to my massive suitcases x

      Delete
  5. Most of my favourite make up products are from Benefit as well :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really realised how much of it was Benefit until I did this post, teehee ^^

      Delete
  6. I adore the mascara, I got it for Christmas and it was one of my favourite presents! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with it, I really love it :)

      Delete
  7. I love makeup posts, lovely. They all look wonderful. I will definitely take this into account when buying my makeup next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That MAC blusher looks so pretty! Must go and swatch it. I really want a highlighter aswell so think I'll have to try thw benefit one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The benefit highlighters are really good, really nice and subtle :) x

      Delete
  9. I recently did a review of the Gel Eyeliner! Its absolutely amazing! If i could only have one thing on it would be that! Great post, the mac eyeshadow also looks real cute! :')

    www.missbeautylicious101.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I wasn't convinced I would use the eye liner before I won it, but once I tried it I was like why oh why didn't I buy it sooner! x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!