Monday, 19 March 2012

Beauty Box Swaps

Hello lovely ladies.

If you have heard about beauty box swaps then you may want to skip to end, but if you haven't I'll try my best to explain the concept.

Beauty Box Swaps is a Facebook group devoted to swapping all those little items from Glossybox / Carmine / etc that weren't quite a hit with you, but are possibly a big hit with some one else. As well as swapping items from beauty boxes many of the lovely ladies also swap other beauty bits which they haven't got on with. Ladies post up there list of items to swap, usually with a list of things that they are after. 

Here is what I have swapped for my unwanted items.


Lovely freebies sent with the items. Baylis & Harding shower gels in Rose & Raspberry & Iced Peppermint. One full sized & travel sized hand food. Earth Tin Steam Cream. 

Looks like quiet an impressive haul, but none of it cost me a penny*. 

Its a lovely community of women, many of them with blogs (so if any of these bits were yours, thank you!). All the ladies I have swapped with have been extremely friendly and I have personally have only had good experiences.

There are however a few risks involved with this process. You are trusting people you don't know to keep there end of the bargain, and for a few ladies, it has gone wrong. Dubbed "swaplifters" a handful of ladies will set up a swap, but you will never receive the item. However these women are often ousted from the community fairly quickly.  

You also need to keep in mine the posting costs, as heavier items can be quite costly to send.

* At some point I have paid for a different item, and obviously the postage to send the ladies their items, but you know, practically free :)

So do you like this idea? Are you a Beauty Box Swapper?

X

12 comments:

  1. Ooo I want to be - am currently obsessed with Hand Food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! That makes two mini's and one full sized one I am currently hoarding haha x

      Delete
  2. Oooh, that's a lovely (almost) free haul! I'm part of the Facebook group but haven't actually done any swaps yet. I'm sure I will be though, it's a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really chuffed with it, it all went really well :) x

      Delete
  3. I like the idea I haven't tried it yet though xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good idea, should give it a go, definitely been wanting to swap things xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice to get something you want without spending any money. The ladies usually don't mind if its been tested a few times :) x

      Delete
  5. I actually liked this page on Fb a while back but didn't really know what it was about,will defiantly be having a look at it tomorrow :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I liked it ages back and did nothing because I felt a little bit intimidated, but they are all so lovely :) x

      Delete
  6. this is such a goo idea, i will have to look into it! x

    http://dress-me-upx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed with how it all ran :) x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!