Thursday, 1 March 2012

February Empties

Hello lovelies. 

Even with the extra day I still can't believe that February is already over! It has been one of those months that has been over as quick as anything, but here are the empties of the month. 

Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream. A cheapy from Primark costing something like £1.19. I've always heard good things about Nivea creams but I was actually really disappointed by this, even though it was very cheap. The consistency was really runny and I felt like I had to use loads to do anything. I only opened this mid way through February and it's already empty so I wouldn't purchase this again. 


Aquafresh Extreme Clean. Ok, so this is a bit of an odd one for a beauty post but bare with me. After having a few problems with my teeth after my wisdom teeth came through I have started investing more in my teeth. I brought an electric toothbrush and floss and started buying "real" mouth wash. I brought this one thinking it would be fine, but the taste was just awful. It wasn't just mint, it was a super minty burn the crap out of your mouth one. It was actually so terrible I never thought I would finish it but I did manage it, just! I really won't buy this one ever again. This was on offer at the time in Superdrug for around £1.


Lush Rub Rub Rub. A lovely scrub which I initially brought because it looked like the blue / raspberry slush puppy! It has a lemony smell and fairly fine salt crystals. Although it says on the pot you can wash your hair with it, when I spoke to the sales assistant she told me that salt will strip hair colour so keep that in mind if you are as big of the hair dye as me. It's fairly expensive at around £7 but I would possibly buy this again. 


Soap & Glory Face Soap & The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser. One favourite and one disappointment. Face soap is one of my favourite S&G products of all the ones I tried and will be repurchased. Fab pore however was a let down. Although it has a nice lavender smell, it really didn't do anything for me. It also left a weird build up on my face which I really didn't like. I ended up using it as a make shift shower gel. Both products around £7.


Freebies, the "mystery skin care revolution" sample from St Ives & Two mini testers of Ocean Salt Facial Scrub. The St Ives scrub was fairly pleasant scrub, nice smelling and very fine and I will be intrested to fine out whether it's meant to be a facial or a body scrub (I think it might be facial). Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub, to that I would say YOU WHAT. After loving Rub Rub Rub I expected to love this, but no. No No NO. It is almost like a paste with extremely large, rough pieces of salt in. I actually very gently rubbed this on my arms and it broke the skin! I am glad I got a sample of this as I was thinking of buying it to compare it to Rub Rub Rub. I am not sure why this is marketed as a facial scrub, would leave me looking like I'd had been under a cat attack! 

Bit of a mixed bag this month of love's & hate's! I find myself using up products I dislike some months just to get rid of them which I guess is what happened this month!

I am going to put my blog sale up tonight, item's include Chanel, No7, Vera Wang and others, hoping to have it up by 7pm once I've finished taking all the photos.

X

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Same, it appeals to my nosey parker side :D

      Delete
  2. Haha loved this post, and your above comment.
    I love seeing what other people have used up and would rebuy, I'm awful for hoarding things and have been going through trying to get rid of mine...but can't bring myself to take photos as I feel I'll get too attached ha

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a terrible hoarder as well, I am always trying to "use up" things I don't really like and keep things I do love for ages.

      Delete
    2. I'm trying my best to 'downsize', in fact i may do a post on all my products just so I actually HAVE to use things up....thanks for the inspiration ;)

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!