Wednesday, 14 March 2012

NOTD Teenage Dream Katy Perry OPI

Hello lovely ladies.

Have you ever wanted something, and no dupe will do? This is the way I felt about Teenage Dream OPI, a collaboration with the ever beautiful Katy Perry. I was set on owning it, but after a quick eBay search it seemed I wasn't alone, with buy it now's going for around £15 and auctions not far behind I figured it just to be "the one that got away" (see what I did there?) and moved on to finding a suitable dupe. This was until I saw it on I Heart Cosmetics blog sale for a mere £4. I snapped it up happily, costing me just £5.50 with postage. 

It arrived on Monday and since then I've been looking at it throughout the day thinking "You are so pretty" so here it is.


A light pink glitter, unashamedly girly at its best.


Unlike many OPI glitters there is one thing that it doesn't have. Large holographic hexagons, which personally I think is nice. Although I do like the large hexagons, its nice to have one that's a little different to the others I own. Instead it has very small holographic dots like a lot of other brands glitters.

On to it on the nails.


One coat. As with most glitters I find you need at least two coats before you can see the base colour. 


 Two coats. A lovely baby pink with tons of little bits of glitter in it. 


 It needed two top coats to get it smooth but overall a lovely pinky polish with lots of glitter, and because I love glitter I obviously love this!

If you are after this for yourself, eBay is the place to go, or if your after something similar Topshop's Adrenalin is the closest I've seen (although it's sold out online I've seen plenty in store)

So, am I alone in this? Do you fixate on one product until you get it or can you let it go?

X

P.S If you haven't entered my 100 followers give away, you can do here.


14 comments:

  1. It is lovely. I loooove glitter on my nails. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, big fan of glittery nails ;0

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous colour, and you're so lucky to get it at that price! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really lucky, I was so over excited when I saw it on the sale :)

      Delete
  3. pretty! This looks perfect for lazy days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Great price, I really want to try an OPI polish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do see a fair amount on blog sales for a good price, eBay also has lots of reasonably priced ones :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh keep seeing reviews of their glittery polish, seems way better than any other, I'll be hitting ebay now, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!