Monday, 5 March 2012

O.P.I Dutch Treats From Buyapowa

Hello lovely ladies.

When I first found out about the launch of the Dutch O.P.I I knew I was going to have to have most of them. I excitedly waited for them to come out and when they did, spent a few weeks trying to decide which one to spend some of my limited cash on.

As I ummed and arrrh which to get I saw that Buyapowa had the Dutch Treats Mini was going to go live so I decided to wait and order it from them. If you haven't heard of Buyapowa it's a website where you opt in to a co buy with other people, the more people join the co buy the more the price drops. You can also request items which if they get enough requests will go live.

When it do go live the best price was going to be £8 with £1.50 p&p making it £9.50 overall which is a fairly good saving as they retail for £12.95. I also found out that you can pay for items on Buyapowa with paypal, which to me is an added bonus.


It arrived on Saturday morning in a fairly large box with lots of foam peanuts so it was extra safe. Although I purchased this on Monday it wasn't dispatched until Thursday which in my opinion is a pretty slow. I would usually expect to wait 1 - 2 days maximum for an item to be dispatched from any other company, full priced or not. Although this isn't a major complaint I would bare it in mind if I was ordering something for an event.


So on to the colours. With this set you get I Have A Herring Problem, Red Lights Ahead... Where?, Kiss Me On My Tulips & Pedal Faster Suzi! When I first saw the collection my eyes where firmly on Pedal Faster Suzi & I Have A Herring Problem so I was glad that they were included with this set.


I did want to swatch these on nails but yesterday I spent a fairly long times trying to get to grips with Ali's Konad stamper after ordering one on Friday (which arrived today, more on that later this week!) so sorry about the paper but I tried to make it cute for you lovely lot. I did one coat for each & left to right we have Red Lights Ahead... Where?, Kiss Me On My Tulips, I Have A Herring Problem & Pedal Faster Suzi! Although I was initially unsure about the first two I think they are actually really lovely colours. My favourite still is Pedal Faster Suzi! as it has a really gentle shimmer to it and is unashamedly girly!

I also saw while writing this post that the same set is back on Buyapowa live today, again with the best price of £8 here if you are also lusting after the Dutch Collection! 

Hope you have all had lovely Mondays, we have seen a bit of sun today which has been nice! 

X

10 comments:

  1. Anything I buy online takes a lifetime to deliver. Pedal faster is a really cute colour.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its usually fairly quick for me, but I don't mind how long it takes to get to me as long as they send it out quickly :)

      Delete
  2. Those colours are lovely! I am exciting to hear about your stamper! I cannot use mine at all! I think it may be because I bought a cheap one! (well that is the reason I like to use) rather than me simply being stupid!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw don't worry I found it a real faff too! x

      Delete
  3. The colours are lovely, I love the names OPI give their polishes too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do name them really well, really funny :D x

      Delete
  4. I love BuyaPowa, I picked up my Nicki Minaj OPI duo on there for way less than RRP! I think it's a brilliant place for those who want to use high end brands but aren't always willing to pay the hefty price tag. Having said that, I'll probably end up spending more on there than I would usually, thanks to the unmissable deals! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I am so gutted I missed the Benefit Hervana, £17.50 instead of £23.50!

      Delete
  5. I love how you did it with little hearts :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!