Sunday, 25 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter In Sugar Frosting

Hello ladies.

I know that reviews and swatches have been all over blogger this week with the much anticipated arrival of Revlon's Lip Butters. I'm sure you've heard, but they are a high-bred between a lipstick and a lip balm. As many people were, I was particularly excited about the release of these but the reason may be slightly different to most. 

As a beauty blogger this seems like a massive taboo, but, I hate, hate, hate lipstick and lipgloss. I find them unbearably sticky and have never found one that has suited me. However I do love lip balm, so much so that I have a special make up bag stuffed full of them, as well as ones tactically dotted around the flat so I am never more than 10 steps away from one. When I heard of Revlon Lip Butters I thought it might just be close enough to a lip balm for me to be able to use it without instantly wiping it off. 


After checking my local boots for almost a week, I finally found them today. I guessed I wasn't the only one after these either as the display had a fair few people almost running up to them and looking through all the colours. Moi? Run? No, no. More of a gentle trot really..


Unfortunatly there was only two testers of any of the products, a bright pink and a dark plum. The U.K has only got 14 of the 20 colours which America has and judging by the range I think we have the middles of the range colours, where as America has the more extreme colours. I opted for Sugar Frosting as it's the most subtle shade of the 14. As a bit of a lipstick-phobe I thought it would be the best colour for me. 


Its a very gentle pink, which well, looks like pink frosting! (or icing!) At first glance you can see that it's a sheer colour rather than a matte.


The packaging itself is fairly pretty, a quilted effect on the outside with a silver metal tube inside. The packaging makes it square instead of a circle on the outside which is different but I do like it, it stands out a Lip Butter and not a lipstick which if you did have lipsticks and butters together you would be able to see your lip butter first. 


So did it pass my test? Yes, yes it did! Its such a lovely subtle wearable shade and most importantly (well, to me at any rate!) it's not sticky! It feels and looks very sheer, which even though it won't last particularly long on your lips, I love! 

So, at long last, I've finally found a sort-of lipstick that I can wear! Although I do love the product, there is one thing that slightly puts me off buying it a variety of different colours, and that's the price. At £7.99 a pop, they are a little bit too close to £10 for me. But they are currently (as well as all other make up) on offer in Boots under a 3 for 2 promotion they are running. I think I am going to purchase another darker pink colour and then see if I ever get through two! 

Have you tried the Lip Butters? If so do you like, love or hate them?

X

20 comments:

  1. Yay for finding a shade/lipstick that works for you. I have a few of these and think that they are really nice to wear, but I'm not entirely bowled over by them. Still pretty though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am more impressed than most people because I actually like them :D x

      Delete
  2. i cant wait to try one of these, wil hopefully manage 2 get one this week, i like the look of this shade :) x

    http://c-a-tmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of pretty pinky colours, I was spoilt for choice!

      Delete
  3. The drugstore products are getting really expensive now. Sometimes it's just better to add 3-4 pounds and get something form the high end. I can't wait to try one of these, love the colour you got. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree they are getting more and more expensive, which is very bad fr my bank balance as I will buy them anyway! haha x

      Delete
  4. it's a nice color :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a little disappointed by these! I think I was just overexcited about them because I loved the names and the packaging :P normally I don't like lipsticks and I HATE lipglosses, but maybe you should go for matte lipsticks? that's what I've started to do, because the sheer and frosty lipsticks make my lips look horrible, but matte lipsticks just give your lips a nice colour without looking OTT :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just never tell if I will like it on my mouth, always looks so different in the packet! I might try that, thanks hun :)

      Delete
  6. I'll be hunting one of these down, although I did just buy a new L'oreal caress lip thing which seems similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to look at those now, now brands bringing everything out at the same time x

      Delete
  7. I really want to try these but again the price puts me off too. With 2 young kids i really cant have the guilt of buying a lippy for that price lol.

    Iv tagged you to do my 11 questions :)
    http://uniquebabes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/11-questions-tag.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks darling :) and I know, the price is a little bit sickening, I went in with a friend so I could try it for a £5 :)

      Delete
  8. mine arrived in the post about two hours ago, I really like them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. That was one I couldn't decide on because there was no tester :(

      Delete
  10. I really want to try these, that colour is gorgeous :) and you have lovely hair! so jealous haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's really nice, it really needs a trim though!

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!