Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Save, Spend Or Splurge Facial Wipes

Hello ladies.

Facial wipes are something I couldn't live without. I know there a little lazy but some times I just want to get my make up OFF. It doesn't help that I have a tiny tiny sink which there is no way to wash your face in so if I want to take it out with cleansing milk and so on I have to get in the shower. Unfortunately they can get a bit expensive for what is essentially a wet baby wipe. So here's my save, spend or splurge list.

SAVE.
Tesco Value 25 Facial Wipes - 45p
Ok, I know Tesco Value doesn't exactly scream "lovely beauty item" but bare with me. Yes the packaging leaves a huge amount to be desired, nothing pretty about it at all, oh Tesco please loose the blue stripes. The wipe itself is moist but not wet, no excess anything in there. The wipe can be a little bit rough, it feels a little bit like an actual baby wipe. BUT it does get make up off ok. It's a great wipe for when you just have a little bit of make up on that just needs a quick wipe. However it will not shift waterproof mascara or lasting foundation. I also wouldn't recommend these for any one with sensitive skin or eyes because they can be a little stingy. Having said all that, for 45p I wasn't expecting miracles and I like having a pack in the house for when I just need a quick wipe.

SPEND / SPLURGE.
No7 Beautiful Skin 30 Quick Thinking Wipes £2 / £7
A tiny cheat here, but with a £5 No7 voucher you will pay £2, or without you will pay £7, but Boots seem to run the No7 voucher promotion 11 and a half months of the year, to the point that I would be surprised if anyone has actually ever paid full price for a No7 product. The packaging has been updated from blue to white recently, and I kind of prefer the old ones but the white is still nice. It also has a sturdy plastic lid which shuts well, which is great because nothing is more annoying than when the sticker stops being sticky and your wipes dry out half way through. These wipes are moister than the Tesco's and a little moister than most wipes I have used in the past. The wipe itself is soft to the touch, and feels completely non scratchy on the face. These wipes will remove every single scrap of make up, including waterproof mascara, and after a particularly bad experience at an Estee Lauder counter with a heavy handed make up artist, these were the only thing (including a panic buy of Boots own make up wipes, a proper shower and a generous go on my usual face wash) which would take off the Double Wear Maximum that has worked it way in to every pore in my face. These are probably my favourite make up wipe of all time, and I always use my No7 vouchers to stock up on these, as at £2 they are a pretty good deal!

 What's your favourite make up wipe ladies?

X

13 comments:

  1. I actually really like the ones you can get in Primark, £1 for a twin pack I believe it is! They don't feel cheap at all, and are really good at removing even waterproof make-up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wondered abut those, thanks for the heads up! x

      Delete
  2. i used to buy the tesco ones, they used to cost 27p! But they do the job, i don't think you have to splurge on them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so shocking when you see something that's gone up loads, like freddos! x

      Delete
  3. Theres these other ones I get in Tesco for removing my eye makeup there called something like 'Dermalogica' and are quite cheap is well and do a pretty good job,you should look out for them :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun i'll keep my eye open for those :)

      Delete
  4. In poundland (yeah cheapo alert here) you can get two packs of makeup remover wipes for a £1 and they work brilliantly they take off my 24hr liquid liner no problem and are not too bad on my sensitive skin! which is always a bonus, I love looking for bargains and I never know what to spend my no7 vouchers on, to the point I havnt used them yet, maybe i will try these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love poundland, i've tried the small eye make up removers from there and they are brilliant :) x

      Delete
  5. I really like the new Kleenex wipes, I stock up when they are half price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about them, when I get through my back stock I'll give them a go :) x

      Delete
  6. I use whichever wipes are on offer. At the moment I'm using Nivea daily essentials for dry skin. They are such a handy product for lazy gals like me xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the No7 wipes. Got them with my No7 voucher and use them every night when I remove my makeup. I used to use simple, but SO can't go back to those now.

    I also have the Tesco wipes, but found that they left a lot of lint on my face after I used them. I now use them to protect the counter when I apply my makeup, as it seems to get EVERYWHERE! :/

    Lola ..x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!