Thursday, 15 March 2012

Steam Cream

Hello lovelies.

If you have read this blog for a while, and even if you have just read a few posts, you will probably know I am a big fan of lotions and potions. I have lotions for skin, face, hands, feet and everything in between. I have every type of cream, or so I thought.

Another thing that I am a massive sucker for is cute packaging. If something jumps off the shelf to me, even if I don't need it, I am probably going to have it. So imagine my delight when I discovered Steam Cream. A "wonder" cream packaged in a cute tin.

Although it's not exactly a new product I hadn't heard of until it was included in the February Carmine beauty box. As I read more reviews of it the packing caught my eye again and again. It is the first time I've seen a beauty box and thought "jeez I wish I had a subscription to that one".

After a month of lusting after it, the boy treated me to it this week, so here it is.


First off, I of course picked the cute Lady Bird tin. Steam Cream comes in so many different tin designs there is something for everyone. On the Steam Cream online shop there is around 40 different designs. The tin itself has embossed letters all over it. It is also a screw lid which personally I think is a great design as I was a little concerned about the lid coming loose and it spilling every where.


The cream is also an award winner. When I saw this I really was late off the mark, 2 years off the mark in fact! After a quick google its easy to spot many rave reviews of this cream. Magazines, newspapers and of course beauty blogs all shouting their love for this product. Although this product has been around for 2 years, it is only recently that I have seen it in shops and online shops, such as Topshop and ASOS.


There is one thing which is slightly off putting about Steam Cream. I'm not going to lie, it's not exactly cheap. It varies from place to place but comes in at around £10.50 for 75 grams. I know, a little eye watering. However I managed to get mine for just (and I say just lightly) £8.40. The boy picked mine up in Ollie & Nic which offer a very generous 20% student discount. Although its not on their website they did have it on the front counter in store, so if your a student and there is an Ollie & Nic in your area (list here). If you don't it's available from Topshop & ASOS both offering 10% discount. 


So what's in this miracle cream? Or more to the point what isn't? 
Here is the list from the steam cream website:

"Oatmeal Infusion (Avena sativa), Orange Flower Water (Citrus Aurantium amara, Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, * Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils"

As you can see, lots of lovely things, including oatmeal, cocoa butter and lavender oil, which is the scent of the cream. This isn't to everyone's taste, but personally I really like the smell of lavender.
So why is it called Steam Cream? Here is what they say:
"A great skin cream doesn’t just feel good as you put it on, it sinks deep down to keep it soft, smooth and flexible. Most creams are made with complex molecules bound together by a powerful emulsifying process; the problem with this is that they just sit there on the skin’s surface. They give a good first impression, but don’t keep their promises.

We use our unique steam process to make an amazingly effective cream that your skin can absorb instantly. When it touches your skin, the naturally moisturising ingredients and pure, calming essential oils are released from our light emulsion so that they can penetrate past the surface. Your skin will feel softer for longer." 

Oooh fancy I say! But wait there's more!

"How the steam process works.

We don’t need new science for this; we apply traditional methods in a new way.

Steam is pure water, heated under pressure past 100°C, and we harness its power to fuse our beautiful ingredients together instantly, to make a gentle emulsion. This forms the natural base of our smoothly textured cream. By using steam to combine them, the natural materials in STEAMCREAM remain pure and effective.

By using such a simple process, we can invest in natural materials such as orange flower water, oatmeal and vegetable glycerine to hydrate your skin. Almond and jojoba oils, with moisturising cocoa butter, soften the skin’s surface." 

Ooh more fancy! 

I think it also worth mentioning that it's Vegan approved, as they don't purchase any ingredients that are tested on animals. So as being a fancy cream it is also an ethical cream.

It's a light weight cream which can be used head to toe which I really like, it would really great to take on holiday and only have to take the one product. I also think this would be a really nice cream to relax with in the evening due to the lavender smell. I can see this being my go to cream! Do I think it's worth the hefty price tag? It's such a lovely formula and smell I think that I would be willing to part with my cash for it, and seeing as I usually buy several bottles for my face, body etc it does probably work out around the same price as buying all those bottles individually. 

So ladies what do you think? Have you tried Steam Cream? What did you think?

X

P.S enter my 100 followers give away here :)  

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried steam cream, I'm too worried about the lavender as I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well it is probably not the cream for you, all you can really smell is lavender :( x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I bought this on the plane on the way to Lanzarote. I love the smell of it & the cute packaging, but I would like it to be a teeny bit richer I think... but then I do have v dry skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's fair enough, it is slightly runny but I think its possibly because they want it to be head to toe cream :) x

      Delete
  3. it looks great, especially the cute packaging :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I really like this cream be great for holidays x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!