Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Topshop Sunbeam Highlighter

Hello ladies. 

Topshop's make up get a lot of attention all over the blogosphere, but apart from the nail varnishes, I have never really paid it much attention. I remember when Topshop's make up was released, and Topshop making a big song and dance of it, to the point where I popped in to my then local Arndale Topshop the day it was released , and I was massively disappointed, a very meek offering of average coloured eye shadows and nail varnishes the fell in the "slightly too expensive for what it is" category and I slowly forgot about it completely.

Since then they have brought in a broad range of everything from eye liners to highlighters. The latter caught my attention for a couple of weeks, but every time I told myself I have enough highlighters and a 80% full Girl Meets Pearl at home. This was until I was looking at it, again, one weekend and decided that it had to come home with me!


Topshop's Sunbeam highlighter. A beautiful pressed powder in a shimmery gold.


It comes in the usual white and black packaging with little "scribble stars" over the top. I think the reason I have never paid much attention to Topshop make up, I am not a massive fan of Topshop's packaging choices, I've always thought they look a little, well, cheap. It feels really unfair to say that, but it's just how I see it. For example, there isn't a mirror which would make it annoying to take out with you, but this is obviously a minor issue.


Although it looks like a fairly soft colour in the pan, its actually highly pigmented. You need a tiny amount of the product. For what I've done on the back of my hand I used one tiny brush stroke. It says on the box it's for body and face, but I think that it may be a little bit much on the body. It's such a lovely gold colour, makes me think of summer days!

I happy with it, it's really beautiful colour, and although I am not a massive fan of the packaging it's what's inside that counts! I would say I would probably buy it again, but it will probably last forever!

It retails for £9.00 in any larger Topshop store.

Do you ladies like Topshop's make up? If so what's your favourite thing they sell?

X

18 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the Topshop makeup that I have tried, specially the lipsticks and crayons.

    Never tried a highlighter before, but this looks pretty good. I do quite like the packaging, but that's because I like polka dots and stars...think it's quite cute.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute but it just lacks something for me :(

      Delete
  2. Still not sure if I would use this but I want it anyway :P and that high beam dupe stuff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we should have another look on Sunday :)

      Delete
  3. I love the pigmentation of this product - i had a cheeky look at it when I was last in Topshop but I wasn't sure if it was worth the price! :)

    www.charchiccc.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit up and down about it, finally lost the plot and had to have it :D

      Delete
  4. very pretty - i have few items from Topshop make up range but my favourite remains Butterscotch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I will have to check that out :D x

      Delete
  5. Thats very pretty, would look greatin the summmer too. I'm like you I always think its the product that counts...so long as its good! lol

    Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY! :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I have brought things on the packaging and it's ended up being a dud so one day I will learn :D x

      Delete
  6. I bought this about a month ago and still haven't opened it! I think I'm going to wait until I have a summer tan and put it on my cheeks and collarbones for a sunkissed look :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would look lovely :D x

      Delete
  7. Wonder if they sell this in the Topshops here in Japan too..
    have to check it out. ^^d Thanks for the review! MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm not sure, but its worth a looky look :) x

      Delete
  8. i was really disappointed with their eyeshadows, absolutely no pigment and very hard to blend but i loove their nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their eye shadows but I haven't heard good things :D x

      Delete
  9. I am looking forward to trying topshops makeup!!
    -A
    voguebloom.blogspot.com
    p.s. i'm having a giveaway on my blog! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!