Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop Dupe

Hello ladies.

I've probably already mentioned how much love I have for Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop. A beautiful bubble gum pink polish with multi colour glitter. The perfect polish for me, and here it is.

(Image via Google)

There's just one, teeny, tiny, massive problem with it. It costs £16. For my limited budget my upper limit for a nail varnish is around £10. This is the same price as an OPI and two Barry M nail varnishes. As much as I would like to, I just can't justify that sort of money for one, albeit beautiful, nail varnish. 

So with that in mind, I set about finding a dupe. I heard about Clarie's Accessories having a good dupe, but neither of my local two local stores had one. So I decided to get a bit creative. 


I popped in to town quickly today with the boy so I decided to set about finding a nice pink nail varnish, as close as possible to the shade of Candy Shop. I thought as it was just multi coloured glitter that made it so pretty, I'd use my OPI Rainbow Connection from the Christmas Muppets collection. 


I picked one of the new pastel shades of Barry M, Strawberry Ice Cream. As I'd swatched Candy Shop in House Of Fraser before heading to Superdrug it was as close as I could get.


So here's a quick snap of it on the nails. I need to clean these up and re do my thumb but you get the idea! 

If you wanted to try this for yourself Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream costs £2.99 from Boots & Superdrug. If you don't have Rainbow Connection I believe it's pretty hard to get hold of now and costs a small fortune on eBay but American Apparel have two very similar shades, Galaxy for a larger glitter and Supernova for a finer glitter. 

So what do you think ladies? Do you think £16 is unreasonable for a nail varnish? 

8 comments:

  1. I think it is absolutely terrible that they charge £16-£18 for nail polish! Unfortunately I was stupid enough to buy The Deborah Lippman "get This party started" set and I regret it! I will be doing a review soon. What was I thinking! ;)

    great dupe btw, I have got the candy Shop on my nails at the moment and it looks the same xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hun, and I think I would of eventually brought it, I really like that set though! Had my eye on it for ages

      Delete
  2. What was the formula like on the barry M? I heard the strawberry one is a bit dodgy.
    I wouldn't pay that much for a polish. There are so many perfect dupes around now that you can pick them up instead of spending so much on one polish. It means you can buy more which is always a good thing :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was O.K, the colour is a bit weak and took too thick coats to get it really pink :) x

      Delete
  3. Oooh nicely duped! I've heard Technic do a good Rainbow Connection dupe called Carnival, if people are looking for one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for that for a while, multi coloured glitter is my nail varnish weakness! x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!