Friday, 20 April 2012

Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub, Useful Or Useless?

Hello ladies. 

It's no secret that I'm a massive Lush fan, but I do find they either get it really right, Bath Bombs, Shower Gels etc, OR really wrong, Toothy Tabs, Solid Shampoo and so on. One of the products that has always sat firmly sat on my "I don't know list" is this


Bubblegum Lip Scrub. I'd pick it up every time I went in store and just couldn't make up my mind. Is it something I need or do I just like it for the smell? Does it work? If I do buy it will I use it? Because I had so many doubts I always left it. When Ali offered me one she had because she didn't fancy it, I could finally put it to bed.


It's a neon pink colour, that comes in a little glass pot with a screw lid. 


I've been using this for a few weeks so there's a bit of it gone, new it's full to the brim. I've been using this every other day, but you need so little of this product you barely go through any of it.


It's an extremely coarse scrub, made from large granules of castor sugar. There's actually very few ingredients in this scrub, which are, Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Flavour, Colour 45410, Colour 45380, which is something I love about Lush, I like being able to see easily what's in what I'm using!

So does it work? Actually, yes! I don't particularly have dry lips so I thought I wouldn't really notice a difference, but a quick sweep of this and my lips feel like velvet. I am actually so impressed with this product! I really didn't I would get on with it, but I can't wait to try the other flavours now! I believe there is a mint one that smells like After 8's if Bubblegum isn't your thing.

Lush's Lip Scrubs retail for £4.95 each.

So have you tried these? Love them, hate them? 

X

21 comments:

  1. I have seen this on a few blogs this week. I really need to get it. Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really impressed with it :) x

      Delete
  2. i really want it!
    i might have to buy this soon!

    bubble gum is my FAVOURITE SCENT ever.
    BreezeBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review, quite interesting that it makes your lips feel like velvet! I would never have thought a lip scrub could do that, so its very good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D they are just so soft it's amazing

      Delete
  4. I'm been hmmm-ing and haaa-ing about this for a while now too. my lips have become so dry and flaky recently that I really do need to do something about them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could ask for a sample of it, that's what I usually do :) x

      Delete
  5. This is a bit dear for me. I make my own ones until I can afford the good quality ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Lush scrubs are pants but I agree with you in that they make some amazeballs stuff and some utter rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never hearts of this...thanks for the info!! i need all the beauty help I can get!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm desperate to try this! I know that they have another lip scrub in a different colour/flavour which i might try instead because I don't like the smell of bubblegum...but i'm glad to hear you like it! maybe you dont have dry lips because you've been using this ;D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a pot of this and absolutely love it! I use it every day before putting on lipstick and it works brilliantly. Seeing this has reminded me that I have photos waiting for a review post for my blog haha :) I love lush, I want to try the face masks next. xx

    http://annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have tried this and I do like it but I hardly ever think to use it and also i find it very messy! but maybe that is just me :) I am glad I tried it but I honestly don't think I would purchase it again as you could make a DIY one quite easy xxx but as a Lush addict I had to give it a try xxx Great review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this stuff, it helps that it smells amazing too :)
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this but I find that the bubblegum tastes slightly artificial. My boyfriend is addicted to it though, so I have to share :(

    Lola ..x

    LolaStarHearts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got one of these in a gift box at Christmas, I do really love it and it smells and tastes amazing, but I don't think I would pay £4.95 myself for a jar of sugar haha.

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen a few reviews on this and they've all been pretty positive, I always have dry lips so may give this a try!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks pretty but like some others, I think I could probbaly make it myself!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought this today after seeing it around on various blogs.

    I know it's a jar of sugar but really, there was not much chance of me making it myself :P

    So far I love it :D Hoping it improves my lips as they are so so dry all the time at the moment. Constant peeling too, very irritating!

    Amy x

    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!