Thursday, 26 April 2012

New Obsession - Yankee Tarts

Hello ladies. 

I'm forever on a quest to make my house smell amazing. Candles, diffusers, Febreeze, I've tried them all, all with extremely average results. With a medium sized living room I found candles only smelt vaguely if I was really close to them, ditto for diffusers. Febreeze smelt nice for around 5 minutes before fading to nothing. I decided to stop throwing money at things that didn't have the desired effect.

That was until the lovely Lola sent me some Berry Vanilla tarts as part of my mystery Easter swap. After hunting down an oil burner (honestly, I went to at least 10 different shops before finding one) I managed to get one burning. And that was that, it was love. After the tart melted fully the smell was just amazing, I could smell it throughout the flat. 


As with Yankee Candles the variety is amazing, any smell you fancy you can find a tart. They come individually packed ready to be unwrapped & used. If you wanted to only use a little bit at a time you could easily cut them up with a knife and just use a chunk at a time.


As well as a tart & an oil burner you will also need a tea light to get the wax melting. I would suggest only using unscented cheapy ones as you will not be able to smell them at all. Here's one I've burnt before, Cinnamon Stick. The tarts each have 8 hours of burn time where they will actually smell, after which you will be left with some of the wax which hasn't burnt away. You could leave it burning for the full 8 hours at once if you wanted, but for a flat my size, burning it for around half an hour a day is more than enough to have a lovely smell linger all evening, meaning one would last you up to 16 days.


Once the wax is fully melted the scent will fill the air within seconds. Unlike the Yankee samplers / candles, the smell of the tart won't effect how much scent is in the air. I've burnt a very softly scented one and it leaves as much smell in the air as one as strong as cinnamon. 

They usually retail for £1.25 each, but most of the range is currently on offer in Clinton Cards for 60p a tart, as well as Yankee Tea Lights, Samplers & Jars also being on offer.

Have you ladies tried the Yankee tarts, are you a fan?

X

15 comments:

  1. My wild passionfruit one is still going strong! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Yankee Tarts before, but I might do now as the candles are a little too pricey for me to buy regularly!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, they smell so wonderful and so much stronger than a candle x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried them either but I have an oil burner! I usually just use scented oil from the body shop but want to give these a go now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oil is good as well but they are well worth it for scents you like :) x

      Delete
  4. I love yankee candle! My favourite at the moment is soft blanket. It is so soothing and the smell is pure heaven!!! I'm going to get the largest jar I possibly can :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was smelling that one earlier and its lovely :D x

      Delete
  5. I've looked at these before but never bought one as I was worried they'd be as uninspiring as scented candles but after reading this I might pick one up from Clintons when I'm in town tomorrow to try out :) Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of the wax tartlets, I have so so many! Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Yankee!
    My mum uses these, she was burning the Cranberry and the Cinammon through out December, and the house smelt of Christmas! It was amazing! Definitely a fan, thanks for the heads up on the offer =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm burning the cinnamon one at the moment and it's making me long for December :D x

      Delete
  8. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got my hands on a few wax tarts and burner....I'm dead excited to try these :) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!