Monday, 23 April 2012

Tangle Teezer - First Impressions

Hello ladies.

I took a little shopping trip today, mainly for clothes, but the siren call of Boots was too strong, it's always too strong! I found myself in a familiar place, staring at the Tangle Teezers. They have a brilliant reputation and are often raved about all over blogger. However I always found myself put off for a couple of reasons. One, they are £10.99 which is quite a lot for a hair brush, and two, I have very thick hair (once called horse hair by a particularly rude hair dresser as she struggled to get it in to the wash basin) and thought it wouldn't go through my hair. However today I thought I took the plunge & bought my first Tangle Teezer, swayed by claims like "suitable for all hair" & "Increases shine noticeably" on the box.


There are several different colours to pick from, but I went for the purple glittery one, being that I am a massive fan of anything glittery and eye catching.


Pretty pretty pretty! Tangle Teezer & Shaun P, the creator of the Teezer is embossed on the back. 


So here's what makes the Tangle Teezer special. The plastic bristles are two different lengths, long to short from the top. The idea being the short ones will catch and detangle the hairs which the long ones miss. The bristles are stiff yet flexible to the touch. 


It fits comfortably in the palm of my hand, my first impression when I pulled it out of the box was "how on earth do I hold this?!" but it feels very natural and don't think that adding a handle would make much of a difference and would feel a little unwieldy. The other notable thing about the brush is how light it is, much lighter than a normal hair brush. Out of interest I decided to weight my normal hair brush and see how it compared.  My normal standard plastic brush with a handle weights 82 grams where as this one weighs just 51 grams. 

The first stroke that I pulled it through my hair, my first thought was "I wish I had brought one sooner!". I'd been out for a large portion of the day in the wind & rain and my hair resembled something of a crows nest, but it pulled through my hair without any tugging or painful pulling, it also didn't get stuck in my thick hair which I was very impressed with! I can normally stick a brush in and it will stay wherever I put it, but this one just fell out the bottom! The other thing I was impressed with is how smooth and brushed it felt with very little effort. It felt completely brushed and smooth within less than 10 brushes.

Do you ladies own a Tangle Teezer? Love them or hate them?

X

16 comments:

  1. ooo I want one, I also find myself looking at them for a while when they're in a Boots i'm in! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've picked it up and put it down so many times :)

      Delete
  2. I have the same one and I love it! It works wonders on wet hair! :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it on wet hair :D x

      Delete
  3. I'll definitely be picking this up soon, I've seen the odd good word about it but this review has definitely convinced me. My hair needs some serious detangling!

    Maisyetc.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've converted! I brought one toward the end of last year and love it, wish I'd got one sooner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so chuffed, I was hoping it would be OK, didn't think it would be as good as it is :D x

      Delete
  5. I want one!

    I gave you some awards and stuff :) x

    http://maligreen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my hair usually looks like a Scarecrow so I think I have you beat! Have you use it on wet hair just after you've washed it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, I think I'm going to do another post on wet hair :D x

      Delete
  7. I have a tangle teaser and I love it! I watched the Dragon's Den episode when it was on there and no one invested on it!
    I use it every time I wash my hair, it makes drying and brushing later on so much easier!!!

    I love your blog :)


    CAT xoxo
    www.somethingsaidon.blogspot.co.uk

    p.s. Check out my iPhone case giveaway!?
    http://somethingsaidon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/giveaway-iconemesis-iphone-case.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have one in orange & love it :) but i really like the glittery one you have so might get another one ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have to buy one after reading your review!
    My hair gets ever so knotted because I fidget like mad when I'm asleep!

    Charlotte

    www.charlotte-sugarandspice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought the same one at Boots today! I had wanted it since I heard about it a few months ago but never actually took the plunge or I always forget when I'm out shopping. I'm definitely gonna keep this with me at all times. Absolute love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!