Saturday, 5 May 2012

Bourjois Magic 1 Second Nail Polish Remover

Hello ladies. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I hate taking nail varnish off. I will leave my nail varnish until it's way past it's best just to avoid taking it off for that little bit longer. When I first heard about the Bourjois Magic 1 Second Nail Polish Remover I was a little sceptical it would work, but wanted to see if it was as good as the hype. 

After looking for it for a good 2 weeks after it was released I finally managed to get my paws on one. For any one that is currently looking for one in the Bristol area, it was at the bottom on the Bourjois stand rather than with the nail varnish removers in the large Boots at the Mall Cribbs Causeway. 

So, here's the test! 


Apart from the girly hot pink, it's pretty standard Bourjois packaging. After a quick read I noticed that it was red fruit & vanilla fragrance , I was also sceptical of this. Red fruit & vanilla sounds sickly sweet to me. I also noticed it was acetone free which also put me off slightly, the kind of nail varnish I wear needs all the paint melting power it can get! But I decided I would carry on, worth a try right?!


When I opened it I excepted to be hit with a sickly sweet smell, but it just smelt of normal nail varnish remover to me. I also noticed a hole to put your finger in, as I've never had a product like this before I wasn't sure what to expect, but I kind of thought it would be a slab of sponge to rub your finger against, but I have to say that this makes a lot more sense! 


So this is the nail varnish I want to remove, 3 coats of Essie's To Buy Or Not To Buy as well as a thick top coat. 


So according to the instructions, all you need to do is dip each finger in to the sponge & twist. The jury is out whether they meant to twist your finger or the bottle itself, but I found it slightly easier to twist my finger as you can judge how much friction is against your finger. 


OK, so I'm going to be realistic, 1 second is a very short space of time. Really, it doesn't even really feel like you've got your finger in properly by the time I counted to 1. Really, it probably takes more like 5 seconds, which is still pretty good! I think maybe if you were wearing one very thin coat nail varnish a second would probably be enough! I was still utterly impressed when I pulled my finger out and the nail varnish was gone! The red berry and vanilla scent is more noticeable one you've pulled your finger back out, but it's actually quite a nice smell, fairly subtle and not unpleasant.

But I wasn't quite happy with that & I like a challenge. I decided to give it the hardest test I could think of.


One thick coat of my beloved OPI Rainbow Connection. The prettiest nail varnish I own, and in the same hand, the worst to get off. It usually takes a full blown acetone nail varnish remover, soaked on to a cotton pad to get one finger off. To make this extra difficult it is also painted on top of the previous 4 coats. 


It only went and flipping did it! This finger took around 10 seconds and a bit more of a vigorous twist, but compared with the 10 minutes a finger scrubbing it takes with cotton wool pads it was like a dream come true! I honestly thought it wouldn't stand a chance, and was shocked how well it had done when I pulled it out!


A whole hand took about a minute in total, with removing a glittery finger. 

I am really pleased with this product, all my earlier scepticisms were put to bed pretty quickly! The only concern now would be wondering how long it will last before it dries up, but I am going to keep it done up tightly, to use to remove my beloved nightmare glitter polishes! 

It retails at £4.99 a 75ml pot, which is pretty steep in my eyes, but when it works, it works!

Available (if you can find it!) from Boots & Superdrug.

Have you ladies tried the Bourjois Magic 1 Second Nail Polish Remover? Am I the only one that will avoid taking nail varnish off for as long as possible?!

X

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this in my life, just showed my mam this post and she is massively impressed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aw that's lovely, it does really work well :) x

      Delete
  3. Awesome that it worked on the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't think it would as well! x

      Delete
  4. I bought it yesterday and I am very impressed. It is such a great product and leaves my nails and fingers nourished and smelling lovely. And if it removes glitter quickly it is a must have for glitter addicts :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it is a bit steep when you don't know how long it lasts but it would be perfect to have in stock for glitter or on days when you need a quick nail polish change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for glitter polish it's amazing, I often really struggle to get it off :) x

      Delete
  6. I've recently just got back into glitter polish. I love how fun and exciting it looks but getting it off is just a pain lol. xx
    http://simplebeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a right pain :( Pretty though! x

      Delete
  7. wow that is amazing. I have the hardest time getting glitter off.

    Stopping by from the #bbloggers chat.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!