Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Essie Bargains

Hello ladies. 

Rather than visiting my usual haunt of Bristol City Centre, today I made the effort to go to the Mall Cribbs Causeway. When I got home I realised I'd seemingly had bought nothing but Essie but my purse didn't feel nearly as light as it should, so here's my Essie bargains. 


Here's the best bargain of the day! We popped in to TK MAXX as I'd been hearing great things about there make up stock at the moment, including Stila, Calvin Klein, Nails Inc, Leighton Denny as well as others. I'd seen a set of Essie earlier in the week but only really liked one of the colours & it didn't seem worth it. I am so glad I waited! This set contained two pinks and a pearl coloured full sized Essie in Infatuation, Guchi Muchi Puchi & Capri. As one regular sized Essie would normally set you back £9.99 it's essentially buy one get two free! 


Ballet Slippers is a polish I have eyed up for months in Harvey Nichols & always put it back, put off my the £9.99 price tag. I'm sure you've probably already heard, but as of the 1st of May, both Boots & Superdrug have started stocking Essie, but here's the exciting news, at the new price of £7.99, knocking £2 off the original price. They are stocking the whole range of colours so if there's one you fancy, you will be able to get it! 


I had been in need of a decent top coat for a while, as the No7 top coat I've been using really doesn't do enough for the big glitter I am so fond of. Essie have recently changed the bottle of the top coat, base coat etc, so this was reduced in Boots from £8.95 to £5.65. It's also quick drying which is fantastic as I tend to smudge at least one nail every time because I am extremely impatient! Excited to see if this can go head to head with my beloved OPI Rainbow Connection. 


So here they all are! I know, it's an obscene amount of nail varnish to buy in one day, but with a total price tag of £23.63, making them £4.72 each, I think I can just about justify it to myself! 

Have you ladies found any good bargains in TK MAXX recently? 

X

11 comments:

  1. That is incredible!
    Tk maxx always looks like a tornado hit it so we never get any decent polishes :( annoying!

    Swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to do swatches this week so watch this space ;)

      Delete
  2. ah... i never see Essie at TKMaxx The Galleries here :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The galleries in Bristol? They had one set on Monday :) x

      Delete
  3. I was in Cribbs today! :D I may have to head back tomorrow if they're this cheap in tkmaxx! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D small world, and yeah they had lots of sets of Essie, as well as Nails Inc & Leighton Denny :D x x

      Delete
  4. I'm up at Cribbs on Saturday, will have to pop in good old TK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had fab bits worth the trip!

      Delete
  5. ahh i need to pop to cribbs only problem is nandos calls my name everytime i go there !!

    www.justjoannablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nandos, it's the best place for choice and I'm a veggie! x

      Delete
  6. The ones you got from TK Maxx aren't actually called those names! They are in TK Maxx because they stickered them wrong, I brought a pack of 3 from Bristol City Centre only to find out they were all called 'Capri'... When I got home I discovered 'Capri' is actually a bright orange! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!