Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Maybelline Shine Sensation Popstick In Pink Lollipop

Evening ladies. 

Popsticks are a new release from Maybelline, as a spin on the ever popular Revlon Lip Butters. After a quick swatch in Boots of the new range. I opted for Pink Lollipop, so here it is!


The packaging, although similar to lip butter in the square box, differs slightly in the lack of quilting effect and the fluro high gloss outer box.


Here's where we loose all comparison to the lip butters. The Popstick is an opaque high glitter lip product. The glitter really appeals to my ultra girly side, in a "ooh look it's glittery!" way! I would describe it almost jelly like in it's consistency.

But your probably thinking that it looks a little bright for me, well, on to the swatches!


So, here's the thing about Popsticks, seeing is deceiving. The colours on the the boxes are no where close to the actual colour. The pigmentation is extremely low and you get almost none of the colour, but all of the shine. When I was swatching these on my hand I immediately went for the nude pink popstick, Pink Sugar, as I thought it would be my colour, but it came out almost exactly see - through. These have been pretty much panned by people who really love their lipsticks, and to be honest I'm not surprised. 

However, I do not love lipstick, I can't stand sticky on my lips. This lipstick is wonderful for me as it is ultra non sticky and feels very velvety, it almost feels exactly the same on my lips as lip balm, which for the self confessed lip balm addict, it's almost a perfect match for me! Oh, and did I mention it tastes like sweets?! Perfecto! 

Available in 5 different colours, Pink Sugar, Pink Lollipop, Cherry Pop, Citrus Slice & Crystal Sugar, from Boots or Superdrug.

Have you tried the Popsticks? Love them or not enough pigmentation for you?

X

8 comments:

  1. Look pretty in the bullet, but the reason I didn't like the lip butters much was becuase they weren't pigmented enough for my liking. Still, great if you like that sort of thing, and the prettiness almost makes up for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, the glitter sold it to me :D x

      Delete
  2. At least some colour has come off from this, I swatched Citrus Slice the other day and it was shocking, there was no colour at all! I guess this is good if you're not a big fan of lipsticks though :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty heavily swatch I'm not going to lie, but it's just a very light subtle pink, I quite like it but I do think it probably won't be around long!

      Delete
  3. i like the packaging and i am a sucker for a bit of sparkle but they could do with a bit more color in them and i love the fact that they have a taste to them still i don't know if i would pay out too much for them cause i like a bit of color in my lippys :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fair, it's not going to be a product for a lot of people, especially as they are a lipstick so if your not a lipstick fan you probably won't give them a second look as they looks so bright

      Delete
  4. I will definitely have a look in boots and hopefully find a nice shade for myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so pretty, but I don't think they'd give the finish I want.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!