Thursday, 24 May 2012

Satsuma Body Shop Body Butter

Hello lovely ladies.

The Body Shop is a shop I've rarely given a moments thought in years. When I was little my step dad worked for the Body Shop warehouse in Littlehampton, and used to be able to bring home any product that wasn't packed properly, back then, that was a lot. And you know how if you eat the same thing for several days in a row you can't look at it for a week? That happened, but instead of weeks, it was years before I could look at the green shop front with anything but "Been there, tried that" followed by "I'm not paying X for something I've tried 100 times.

This was until I went in on a whim a while back and bought some soap, and they handed me a £10 off voucher to use over £25. As I didn't want £25 worth, I decided to spilt it with Ali. One of the things I picked up was a Satsuma Body Butter, being that it was always my favourite scent and I'm a self confessed hoarder of anything skin care.


I decided to opt for the small sized 50ml body butter as it was only £5 rather than the full sized which is £12. The packaging for this product is just spot on, it tells you which scent it is without actually reading it (They were hung in a basket and I just grabbed the orange one!).


The first thing that hit me when I twisted the lid off was the smell. Oh. My. GOD. It couldn't smell more like satsumas. It's almost like you've crushed a bunch of oranges in your hand. I couldn't of thought of a better smell!


As its designed for normal skin the consistency is thick but not as thick as other body butters from the Body Shop, more creamy that stiff. It absorbs really quickly in to the skin and leaves it feel really soft and, most importantly to me, smelling amazing.

The £5 50ml Body Butters are something I would repurchase, they are just enough to last long enough before I get bored of it and put it in the draw to be forgotten about it (I can't be the only one that does that)

As I have another £10 off voucher for next month, is there anything you ladies would recommend?

X

10 comments:

  1. Satsumas smell amazing. I am planning to buy a couple of small body shop butters soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of satsumas, I think I neeed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love body butters! I used to be a Body Shop at Home consultant, I STILL have stuff left over from it almost 2 years later. They do some lovely makeup - the shimmer cubes, where you get 4 cubes of eyeshadow in a little pot, is one of my makeup essentials! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eyeing those up for a month :D x

      Delete
  4. I love Body Shop body butters, as well as the exfoliators. Love that you can matchy match too- I have both in coconut flavour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating if I wanted one of those, will have to check them out :D x

      Delete
  5. Mmm lovely! Boots also do really nice body butters - I have an almond one that I can't get enough of. x

    www.toadandfeather.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked this out the other day! It does smell amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!