Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Swindon Designer Outlet Haul

Hello ladies. 

Swindon Designer Outlet is discount shopping centre sat 10 minutes away from Swindon city centre. It's somewhere I have been aware of for years, after years of being dragged there to shop for discount housewares by my parents. When Ali & her mum invited me a long I was interested to see what I made of it through an adults eyes.

So, I was wrong, it's not a boring place to be dragged to at all, it's an amazing, pretty and clean shopping centre featuring 90 different shops with amazing bargains to be had. We hit up a lot of the shops, so here's the haul!


First up was The Body Shop. They have a strange system where you can't just buy one thing, it has to be two or more, but the reasoning is fantastic. As well as some of the stock being reduced by huge amounts, they also sell the normal range at the normal price, but when you buy 2 products you get 30% discount, 3 items 35%, 4 or more items gets you a whopping 40% discount. I picked up the Cranberry Joy Christmas shower gel for £2, a soft facial brush I'd had my eye on for a while for £3, and a tin of Hemp Balm for £1. Before discount my total was £6, after discount at 35% my total was £3.90. 


Ok, so it's probably a faux pas to show your bra on the internet (a faux bra perhaps?) but this was probably by best bargain of the day. Triumph has it's own store in the outlet, offering huge discounts. This bra was originally £32, but reduced by a huge £22.40 I paid just £9.60 for this bra. I personally hate paying a lot for bras, and will usually wait for a sale before paying out £16 to £35 for a bra! 

 
Next up is my favourite purchase of the day. I spotted the Cosmetic Company Store as we walked past, and decided to pop in, expecting to find a few tatty bottles of perfume and some tiny reductions on already expensive items. I was so wrong. So, so wrong. A full wall of MAC products, including items from the Wonder Woman, Disney Villains and Hello Kitty Collection. I decided on this blush, Miss Behave. It's a really sheer pink shimmer and super cute. It was reduced from £16.50 to £12.75. I would go back just to hit this shop up again!


 Next up was the Yankee outlet. As a self confessed Yankee Tart addict I was in heaven! I could of spent a lot of money! The lip balm was priced at £2.17 and after watching one on eBay go for around £4 I was pretty happy! Winter Wonderland & Christmas Cookie are old stock from the Christmas range, reduced to 62p each, which I am going to put away for next Christmas. Early Sunrise & Fruit Salad are from last years range and were priced at 88p each. Again another shop that I would happily make the trip just for!


 No outlet shopping day is complete without a trip to a Cadbury Factory Shop! I picked up a few bargains, 10 Cream Eggs for £2, Snow Balls for £1 & a 750 gram bag of Cadbury Mis-shapes (Cadbury favourites which aren't quite the right shape) for £2.99! Yum! 

If I had bought this all in regular shops by total spend would of been around £80, but I paid just £32.71! Total bargains and totally worth the trip!

Have you ladies found bargains in Outlets before? Is there any other Outlet centres I should visit?

X

11 comments:

  1. Awh I want all of your yankee candle stuff!!especially the lipbalm :O Never even knew that existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on eBay ages a go when I was looking for cheapy candles, its lovely :D x

      Delete
  2. Holy crap. the cadbury outlet stuff is amaaazing. i bought a massive box of rejected roses ones. It was perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mis-shapes are fine, not mis-shaped at all! Silly cadbury :D x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh!! *planning trip to Swindon* haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous!! The Hemp lotion is one of my favorites! The bra is gorgeous, too, made prettier by a good deal!! :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks, I haven't tried the hemp lotion before, but for £1 I couldn't resist! x

      Delete
  5. I haven't been here for far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to try the Yankee Fruit Salad. Does it smell like the sweets?
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!