Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Urban Decay Eye Shadow In Snatch

Hello lovely ladies. 

Last Friday I went for a little wander in town, which with me, always ends up with a good browse of the beauty counters in Debenhams. I found myself at the Urban Decay display, eyeing up the new range of eye shadows. After swatching a couple of them on my hand I inspected them, and my was instantly drawn to Snatch. But I convinced myself I didn't really need another eye shadow, particularly at £14 one, and left it. Fast forward to Saturday, I was putting my make up on, and couldn't get it out of my head. Eventually after a weekend of thinking about it, I took the plunge, so here it is!


Urban Decay are a brand that I've always loved the products I've had from them, but never really bought much from them. I think the reason for this the only Urban Decay stand I know is tucked away at side of Debenhams by the eyebrow threading counter. I know when The Naked / The Naked 2 came out everyone and their sister was blogging about it, and I did really want one. But I couldn't decide if I actually really liked it or just wanted it because everyone had it. Although I'd be super pleased if someone gave it to me as a gift, I've now come to the conclusion I don't want it enough to spend out for it, as I've had a previous palette from them and only used two of the colours, and would much prefer one eye shadow I really like, in this case Snatch! 

The eye shadows have also undergone quite the make over recently, with the release of 68 shades. Some of them are new, but mostly it's the older colours with a new formula. I've put it next to an older one to compare.


As you can see, they have made several changes. The new box is glossy plastic, where as the old one is matte, the font has also changed to a more swirly font, rather than the previous bold font. A bonus change is that the weight has gone up by 0.1, now I know that it's not much of a weight increase, but it will do! 

But by far the biggest change is that the new eye shadows can be popped out of the box, and put in a 6 place palette you can buy from them, as you can do with MAC. Although I was initially excited about this idea, especially as the palette was £14 and came with a Perfectly Nude eye shadow, I was incredibly put off as I really didn't like the design. It felt like a cheap biscuit tin and looked really tacky, which was a shame as I enjoyed the idea! You can view the palette here.

But although they have changed several aspects of the eye shadows, it still remains that Urban Decay products are all PETA Approved Cruelty Free, which is always a plus in my book!

On to the all important, why I spent £14 on an eye shadow, swatch!


This shadow was so difficult to photograph! It's a gorgeous nude pink colour, but what I couldn't quite capture was the flecks of gold glitter in the shadow. It's an amazing colour and it's easy to apply. The colour is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way! 

Do you ladies like Urban Decay eye shadows or any other of their products? If so which do you recommend?

6 comments:

  1. The name of the eyeshadow makes me giggle :P

    http://maligreen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, made me giggle all the way through :p

      Delete
  2. I love Urban Decay eyeshadows, and this one looks like a shade I would instantly turn to... I've never thought about purchasing individual ones though, I think I just enjoy the palettes, they're always so pretty looking :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either to be honest but it really caught my eye :) x

      Delete
  3. look amazing! Couldn't get it out of my head too...so I bought it this weekend :)

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited multiple blogs however the audio feature for audio songs existing
    at this website is truly fabulous.

    My web site; read this

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!