Thursday, 28 June 2012

Essie Mint Candy Apple Review & Swatches

Hello lovely ladies.

One of the things I mentioned I picked up during my Boots summer points haul was Essie Mint Candy Apple nail varnish. I'm a Essie junkie, ever since it first hit Boots & Superdrug I've known at least the next 6 I want to buy. Mint Candy Apple was right up there as one of the first ones I wanted, its a gorgeous pastel green colour which is perfect for summer, so here's my little review of it.


I personally love the little bottles that Essie comes in, as most nail varnish bottles are round the square shape really stands out. I also really like the embossing on the bottle, just looks really cute.


The brush is (apart from the colour) my favourite thing about the Essie nail varnishes. It's very wide and flat, making it easy to apply quickly and smoothly. I wish all nail varnishes had this brush as I much prefer it to the regular rounded brush.


As you can see it applies to the nail (ok fake nail) the same colour as it is in the bottle, another thing I love about Essie, what you see if what you get. I applied two thin coats to the nail, but you can get away with just one coat as the formula is quite thick and applies smoothly. 

Overall I'm really pleased with this nail varnish, but then again Essie can do very little wrong in my eyes. The price is a little high which is the only reason that I don't have more of them, but the second these go on offer, expect to see a lot more!

Essie retails for £7.99 from Boots or Superdrug.

Have you tried any of the Essie nail varnishes? If so which do you recommend?

X

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty shade.. I've never tried Essie polishes but I think I need to go out and buy a few haha, I love that they have a wide brush, makes life so much easier!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought this the other day and it's definitely my new favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!