Sunday, 10 June 2012

MAC Pigment Sample For £1.70

Hello lovely ladies.

MAC pigments are probably one of the prettiest things I've ever laid my eyes on. So sparkly, so pretty, but so expensive. They start at around £16 for a full jar, which I just can't justify for a big jar of dust, admittedly a very pretty jar of dust that would last a long time, but still. 

When Ali told me about a website that offered a small sample of pigments, I jumped at the chance to try just a little bit of these pretty pigments! 


I ordered Frozen White, as I'd been eyeing this one up at the counter every single time I've been there, which recently has been often! They are sent in good quality plastic twist top jar which you're not charged extra for which I think is really nice, it could be sent in a small sandwich bag or something similar.


There are two different options for the amount you want, 1/4 of a teaspoon which is approximately 30 uses, or 1/2 a teaspoon which is approximately 60 uses. I opted for 1/4 of a teaspoon as I was unsure of exactly how much I'd use it or how much it. I was surprised by how much pigment I received as I thought 1/4 teaspoon would be a smattering of dust, but I think it's a good amount, especially for £1.70!


The pigment is a very pretty silvery white. You need very very little of the actual pigment, a tiny dab will do at least one eye, if not probably two! Although its estimated to last 30 uses I think if you were liberal with it, it could probably last at least 50 uses.

The prices of the pigment samples vary depending on which one you want, as old, rare and discontinued pigments are also stocked but are understandably more expensive, so if you are searching for a pigment its worth a check! The most expensive pigments are the very rare and hard to find pigments, which cost £3.00 for 1/4 of a teaspoon or £6.00 for 1/2 a teaspoon. 

The ordering process is slightly more difficult than with most websites, after you pick your pigment or pigments you need to send the lady that runs it an email and request a quote. It's not overly difficult but you will have to wait for her to send you an invoice. Postage is only £1.50 for up to 9 pigment samples which is pretty reasonable as any package at the moment costs at least £2.20.

There is also a risk that they could be fake, as there is no jar there is really nothing to compare it to, but its promised that all the pigments are 100% genuine on the website. To be honest it was a worry of mine, but the quality of the pigment is very high, and feels the same as the one I swatched in the shop. I wouldn't like to guarantee it to any one, but personally I do believe they are genuine.

Available to order here.

Overall I'm really happy with this, its a great way to try the pigment colours out without spending £16 on one colour.

Do you ladies like any on the MAC pigments? Which one should I order next?

X

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Jade. I will order some of them. I really like the idea, as I don't think I would use a full size pot anyway.
    I think they are genuine, many sellers sell samples like this, simply because it is easy profit with minimal effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its a genius idea to sell little samples of them, I'm sure she probably makes good money from them ^^ x

      Delete
  2. Ooh thanks for sharing! Will definitely take a look and maybe purchase a couple of samples... I agree that the full sized pots are very expensive and they probably contain about 10x more product than I will ever use anyway!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I wish they sold the mini pigments not in a set as I think they are a much better size, I would be scared of spilling those big jars! x

      Delete
  3. Ohh thanks for sharing hun, will definitley be checking this website out xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its deffo worth a look, she has soooo many sooo pretty!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, thanks for posting this - I've wanted to try some MAC Pigments for a while but can't justify shelling out for a massive pot, as I change my mind about makeup so often! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same but I think its a good amount before I'd get bored and it would never be worn :p

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea, you could make a right profit doing it! I would definitely rather pay for a little sample to see if I like it than shell out the £16 - as you say it is hard to justify for dust =(
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good size for a try :D x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!