Saturday, 2 June 2012

Yankee Candle Sweet Strawberry ... Lip Balm?!

Hello lovely ladies.

As a self confessed lip balm addict, I have a lot, but I'm never satisfied with the ones I have, and I'm always looking for the next one to buy. One of things I mentioned I picked up at the Swindon Designer Outlet was a Yankee Candle Sweet Strawberry Lip Balm. I had seen these previously go for around £5 on eBay so I was chuffed to find it at the outlet for just £2.17.


The packaging is super cute, as it looks like a small Yankee Jar. All the packets were completely battered in the basket but I guess that was why they had ended up in an outlet, but it doesn't matter really it's what's inside that counts.


The lip balm itself again just looks like a little jar, as a big fan on anything that's a lip balm and a novelty this was right up my street.


The lid of the jar lifts off to reveal the lip balm. It took me a couple of minutes to open this as there was a tiny band of sellotape holding the lid shut. The lip balm screws up from the bottom as with a standard lip balm tube. But most importantly, how does it taste? Unfortunately, Yankee obviously know much more about scents than flavour, and it really showed in this product. It smells amazing, but the taste? Not so much. It's ok, but it tastes extremely artificial at first but fades to an almost waxey taste instantly. It also has a little bit of grainy consistency which I don't particularly like in a lip balm. 

Overall I am a bit disappointed with this product, which is a shame because I wanted to love it. I remember standing in the Yankee Outlet wondering if I should buy two or three! However it is SPF 15 so I will be saving this for sunny days to keep my lips protected from Mr Sun! I'm glad I tried it because now I know!

Hope you ladies are enjoying the start of the extra long weekend! Have you ladies tried the Yankee lip balm?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't seen these around yet - shame they're disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed as I'd wanted to try one for ages, I think that they really need to change the whole formula :( x

      Delete
  2. That's disappointing I keep watching them on ebay x

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I'm sorry to hear you are disapointed with it. I agree- I HATE that grainy feel you get from some lip balms. I was looking on Ebay at these last week and wasn't sure whether I should try one out or not- glad I haven't now, so thank you for the review lovely :)

    zoeliannex.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad, I've nearly bought them a lot of times before on eBay but its just a horrid texture :( x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!