Tuesday, 17 July 2012

£3 Clarisonic Dupe?

Hello lovely ladies.

I'm always looking for dupes, as you may have noticed! I haven't got an endless or even large budget for new beauty items, so finding a similar product for a fraction of the price is almost a hobby of mine! Today I've got a £3 facial brush from The Body Shop. I have wanted a Clarisonic for as long as I've been aware of them, but at £120.00 for Mia system, and £21.00 for each replacement head, it's just out of the question, even for a skin care junkie like me. 


I came across the Facial Brush when I was browsing in store, stashed in a little bowl was a stack of these brushes. At £3 I thought I would give it a go. This is actually my second brush as I wanted to properly road test it before blogging about it.


The bristles of the brush are fairly stiff, but still soft and not scratchy. The brush also comes with a lid so you can store it when your not using it or for taking away with you.


I thought I'd show use how I use it. I use it twice a day, once in the morning in the shower & again at night, so I thought I'd show the night time routine ( a bit easier than the shower one!). First you wet the brush under the tap.


Apply a small amount of cleanser to the center of the brush (this was fairly difficult to do one handed!)


Rub the cleanser in gently until it starts to foam slightly.


Apply the brush to your face with medium pressure and move it in circular motions all over your face.

And that's it! So is it a dupe for the Clarisonic? As I have only tried it on my hand in Space NK I can't compare fully, but I'll do the best I can! 

As far as I can see the best comparison I can draw is one that people really hate when talking about the Clarisonic, but, it's seems to be the difference between a manual and electric toothbrush. The Clarisonic rotates and does seem to get really "in there" where as this one does clean the skin but not to the same extent. But, as with toothbrushes, anything is better than nothing! I did have a small purging phase during the first week of using this, but no where near what I've read others went through with the Clarisonic. This brush obviously doesn't need to be charged for 16 hours before using it as well, which I would find extremely annoying as I would want to try it straight away! Overall I think it is the closest dupe you can find for under £5. 

The Body Shops facial brushes cost £3 each and last about a month and a half when using them twice a day every day, which mean you could buy 40 for the same price as the Clarisonic Mia, which will need replacement heads almost as often. I think they are just brilliant, and I think the price is extremely fair. 

They retail at £3 each available in store or from the website here.

Have you ladies tried any other facial brush? What did you think?

X

3 comments:

  1. I've been using this :) its great for a deep clean :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, its fully a part of my skin care routine :) x

      Delete
  2. That looks great but also the bristles look too hard for my wee skin!
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!