Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Argan Oil Hydrating Masque - £5 Well Spent?

Hello lovelies. 

My stock of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle has finally ran out, at nearly £5 a bottle I thought instead of going straight for the Aussie, I thought I have a browse of what other masques I could get for the same price.


I came across the Argain Oil Hydrating Masque. I've read and heard a lot of rave reviews of the Argan Oil, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.


The masque is quick to tell you all the lovely things its packed with, including vitamin E, argan oil & olive oil. 


I was surprised when I opened it and discovered it was a thick, almost foam like, cream. I thought it would be more of a thick oil than a cream. The directions of use are to wash your hair with shampoo, towel dry it and then apply the masque for 3 minutes then rinse, which seems a bit silly as that means that I would have to get out of the shower, towel dry my hair and then get back in. In the purpose of road testing this product fully that's what I did. As I was doing I could feel myself getting physically annoyed that I had to get in and out of the shower. 

But how does it feel? To be honest, it's just ok. As it costs £4.99 for 150mls I was expecting it to be at least Aussie quality if not slightly better. It feels like any other standard conditioner, one that you would pay around £1 for 500mls. Its probably one of the biggest disappointments I've had in a product for a long time. Which is a shame because the Argan Oil itself is very nice!

Available from Superdrug if you want to test it yourself.

Have you tried any other oil based masques? What did you think?

X

11 comments:

  1. Don't think I could be bothered to towel dry and then condition and then rinse! I'm tempted to try one of those oils you put in overnight and then wash in the morning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few of those over night oils and they do feel really nice :D x

      Delete
  2. Shame it was such a disappointment :( I guess at least now you know! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Aussie has set the bar pretty high for what I expect it to do :( x

      Delete
  3. I just use the boots intensive hair mask and I think it is brilliant. Leaves my hair so soft and so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll check that out, thanks hun! x

      Delete
  4. Shame that it was a disappointment! :( One really awesome oil-type product is Berber Oil by OSMO, I'm absolutely in love with it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'll look in to it, thanks hun! x

      Delete
  5. I've tried this too and was disappointed. Nothing beats pure argan oil but it's a shame it's so expensive!

    Laura xo
    whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its not a great price for what it does :(

      Delete
  6. Thanks to my father who informed me on the topic of this website, this weblog is truly amazing.
    Also see my webpage - diets That work fast

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!