Saturday, 14 July 2012

The Body Shop Beautifying Oil In Mango

Hello lovely ladies.

The Body Shops beautifying oil has been making the rounds on blogger recently, and it had me intrigued. An oil that makes you beautiful? Lets explore! 


The beautifying oils come in a varitey of scents, including satsuma, lemon, strawberry and my personal choice, mango. Although they all smelt pretty good, mango did the best job of covering the oil smell. The packaging is standard Body Shop fair, simple text with a picture of fruit on it, at least it matches most of the products I'm using at the moment!


The oil is designed as a good all-rounder. It's a dry oil for body, face & hair. Having never used dry oil before I didn't know what to expect, I kind of thought it would have the same consistency as olive oil! I decided to try it on all the approved areas and report back, so this is what I found

Body:
I poured a tiny squeeze in my hand expecting a little to go a long way, but I was surprised by how little I had to rub it in before it was absorbed! Hours later and my skin was still feeling incredibly soft, but also I really could still smell the scent, which I adore! Most scented moisturizers linger on the skin for an hour and then fade, but the scent is still going as strong as when I first applied it! 

Face:
I have to say, I was very unsure of putting this on my face! As some one who spends most of my time trying to make sure my face isn't very oily, the idea of putting oil on it, well, I didn't fancy it. But in the name of all things blogging, it had to be done! I applied a tiny amount of it to my nose as I find that becomes more dry than the rest of my face, and again it absorbed extremely quickly, but it did leave a small amount of greasy residue, so if you're really bothered my greasy I wouldn't recommend using it on your face.

Hair:
I have only recently started trying oils in my hairs, in a desperate attempt to sort out my very dry hair! I have tried the Macademia oil and I was desperately hoping this would out do it, if for nothing else but to save my bank balance. In the same way that you apply other oils, I washed my hair and towel dried it, and then applied it through the ends. My hair felt slightly softer, but not in the way that other oils had made my hair feel, which I was a little bit gutted for, but the scent, oh the scent! My hair smelt all day like I had dragged my hair through freshly cut mangoes! I'm going to be applying it to my hair just for the smell from now on! It stayed all day and all night which I am really impressed with!


My only complaint about this product would be that I wish, WISH it was a pump top! The hole to pour the oil out of is extremely small, and the bottle is a very solid plastic, so it's quite difficult to pour out a lot of the product at once (when I was putting it in my hair I had to pick it up and put it down at least 10 times). I can see why Body Shop picked a small hole, to stop spillages, but I do wish that it was a pump top!

Have you ladies tried the Beautifying Oil? Does anyone else have trouble thinking of putting oil on your face?

X

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using it in my hair just for the smell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly is just like perfume for hair, its amazing :D x

      Delete
  2. I hate the feel of oil on my skin, but I'd buy this for my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely for hair, the scent staying power is pretty impressive!

      Delete
  3. This product sounds great, I was also once worried about using oils on my face and hair but love using them now :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still getting use to it on my face, but this is the closest I've come to being ok with it!

      Delete
  4. When my skin is looking tired, I always put oil on it before bedtime. The skin repairs itself while you sleep and the oils really help nourish the skin. My skin always looks a million times better in the morning. Do it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my skin is looking tired, I always put oil on it before bedtime. The skin repairs itself while you sleep and the oils really help nourish the skin. My skin always looks a million times better in the morning. Do it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!