Monday, 9 July 2012

EOS Strawberry Smooth Lip Balm

Hello lovely ladies.

I know, a shocker! Another lip balm for the lip balm addict! But! But but but I didn't actually buy this for myself, this was a gift from Rachael from The Perky Polisher, so it doesn't really count! I have wanted an EOS lip balm for as long as I've known about them, a sphere shaped lip balm? I'm there! It's a perfect gift for me.


It comes on a cardboard back with plastic holding the lip balm in, same as any old lip balm, but there's where the similarities end.


EOS lip balms are 95% organic & 100% natural, with no added parabens or petroleum. They also aren't tested on animals, and it's also stated that they are gluten free. I love natural products, and I really love products that aren't tested on animals.


The lid of the lip balm twists off to reveal the lip balm dome. The strawberry scent hit me instantly before I'd even finished lifting off the lid! Once I had lifted off the lid I was surprised by how large the dome is, it's at least twice the size of a normal lip balm. It applied nicely, even if it kind of felt like I was rubbing something the size of a plum on my lips, the flavour is actually quite subtle, and even if have a lot of the product on your lips its not an overwhelming taste. 

Really please with this product, its a lovely lip balm and its a really satisfying shape to hold. The flavour could maybe just be a little bit stronger, but I have so many flavoured lip balms it's nice to own a subtle one.

These are an American product, but you can pick them up on eBay here for around £4.

Have you ladies tried any EOS lip balms? If so what flavour?

X

13 comments:

  1. I got the green one and love it... I want all of them now :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Oooh the green one looks lovely :D x

      Delete
  2. I have a summer fruits one, it's soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really satisfying to use :D x

      Delete
  3. I have never tried this product before, but heard so many great things. Was on my holiday wish list.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the pink one of strawberry the one of raspberry en the red one of fruits and i love them

      Delete
    2. I have the pink one of strawberry the one of raspberry en the red one of fruits and i love them

      Delete
  4. Not bad product but no Buddha Balm. Their flavors are better and overall a much cooler product Go Buddha Balm and you will ditch the gimmicky ball. Cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked it! There's no such thing as too much lip balm. :) I'll admit, your post about it made me wish I had one, so I picked up one for you and for me! Now I have this one, the Summer Fruit, and the Mint, which my niece happily smushed to death, haha! They're so nice. I wear them under lipsticks sometimes, too, if they're drying. Anyway, enjoy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it was a perfect gift :D x

      Delete
  6. Cool gift, but she should have given you Buddha Balm. Much better and much better (and unique flavors). Check it out and you will love it. Buy online if you can't find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I agree, Your lips, like the rest of your lips require defense against the sun's harsh ultraviolet rays. premature aging
    Chinese Eye Cream

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!