Tuesday, 31 July 2012

July Empties

Hello lovelies.

I have come to end of a lot of half used products this month, so I have lots of empties to share with you lovely lot today!


My empties overflowing from the large Primark make up bag I keep them in!


Shower Gels. I do tend to go through quite a lot of shower gel as I only have a shower!

One. Soap & Glory Foam Call.
This was a freebie from Boots when you spent £15 or more on Soap & Glory in April. Its a massive 500ml bottle that has literally lasted for months. Although the scent was quite pleasant I am so glad to see the back of this, for two reasons, after several months of the same scent I was truly sick of it, and the pump top was broken so I had to push it down and back up every time I wanted to use it. I don't think I'd buy it again.

Two. ASOS Anatomicals White Lily Shower Gel.
Although this smelt quite pleasant in the bottle, I have to say it is one of the worst shower gel scents I have ever come across. It was far far to floral smelling. It smelt like every bad cheap air freshener I've ever had the misfortune of smelling! I ended up using massive massive amounts of it just to get rid of it! I would never repurchase this shower gel and its slightly put me off the brand altogether!

Three. The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel.
My all time favourite, already planning to repurchase next month as I have a voucher to use.

Four. Philosophy Snow Angel Shower Gel.
I know, I know it's July and this is a Christmas product, BUT I bought this in a charity shop brand new for 50p. It smells really nice, but not what I was expecting, it kind of smells like watermelon! Its a thick grey colour with lots of glitter. I was maybe repurchase this at Christmas but I know Philosophy isn't known for its bargain prices!

Five. The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom.
I took this mini bottle away with me when I went to see my boyfriends family. Although it was quite nice it was extremely sweet smelling and kind of got a little sickly towards the end. I don't think I would repurchase.


Shampoo & Conditioner. Again, lots of these!

Six. Fruit Essence Conditioner.
The Boots version of Herbal Essences, it costs just over £1 and I'm always looking for a conditioner that doesn't cost the earth but does the job. This isn't it. It was really runny and I had a hard job getting it from the bottle to my hair with out dropping at least half of it. It also left my hair feeling like straw (it's natural state!) so all over it was a disappointment. I wouldn't repurchase, not even for a quid.

Seven. Raspberry & Macadamia Shampoo.
This is just a cheapy shampoo from Superdrug, at full price its around £1.50 but it's often on offer for around 80p, but it's bloody brilliant. It's a great consistency and it leaves my hair feeling soft & clean. It's also not tested on animal which is fab. I would repurchase, I often stock up when its on offer.

Eight. Johnnson's Baby Shampoo.
I originally picked this up to wash my brushes with, but I measured out a part of it in a travel bottle & used the rest as shampoo. I've always really liked using baby shampoo as it's really soft & gentle. This was also on offer in Superdrug for £1! Score. I would repurchase but only when I need more brush wash.

Nine. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.
My favourite hair care product, this seems to feature on my empties every month! I need to repurchase this soon as my hair is screaming out for me.

Ten. Aussie Leave In Conditioner.
This has a double use for me as it works as a detangler as well as a leave in conditioner which is a bonus. I have already bought another of this as it's around £3.50 but lasts months and months even on my thick hair.  Always repurchase.


Scrubs. I love a good scrub!

Eleven. Dirty Works Sole Sister Foot Scrub.
I threw this in to my basket at Sainsburys on a whim. I didn't really need it but the vintage style packaging caught my eye & so did the half price offer. It was an extremely thick cream with large chunks of scrub in. It worked well and the minty scent cooled my tootsies off. I would possibly repurchase if it was on offer.

Twelve. St Ives Apricot Scrub.
This is a scrub I am familiar with from my teen years, but it's recently undergone a redesign and this was a freebie from their Facebook page. It's slightly more scrubby than I remember. It was nice but nothing particularly special. As I like scrubs that are quite rough it didn't really do enough for me. I don't think I'd repurchase but I would possibly if it was cheap (haha how much of a penny pincher do I sound!).


Skincare Samples. I always ask for samples of skincare as most companies are more than willing to give them away.

Thirteen. L'Occitane Protective Lotion.
A sampe I was given when I purchase a few bits in store, it was nice. But just nice. I have several samples of this cream but I don't think I'd purchase the full size because with all L'Occitane skincare the size of the product for the money is a bit out of my budget.

Fourteen. SKIN BB Cleanser.
I received these with my recent Tonymoly order, and at thought it was a standard BB cream but on further inspection I realised it was a cleanser! It was one of the most amazing cleansers I've ever used, as when you are rubbing it in it bubbles on the skin. It left my skin feeling really soft & clean I would seriously consider ordering the full sized.

Fifteen. Benefit B.Right It's Potent eye cream.
My favourite eye cream of all time. I have a little pot of this and when that runs out I am going to consider purchasing the full size, even though it's around £25 which is just an eye watering amount for an eye cream.

Sixteen. Lush Dream Cream.
I liked this product, but I didn't love it. It's like a thick Steam Cream which I already have two tins of, so I don't think I'd purchase the full size.


Perfumes.

Seventeen. Jane Packer Green Tea & Lemongrass Eau De Parfum.
My sister gave me this after saying she didn't really like it, and I can see why. It was one of the most potent perfumes I've had in a long time. Because the lemongrass overpowered the green tea it kind of smelt like most cleaning products, but extremely strongly. I ended up using it as a room spray as one spritz made the whole house smell of lemons. Deffo wouldn't repurchase!


Hand Creams. I love hand creams so I tend to go through at least one a month.

Eighteen. The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Hand Cream.
This was a stocking present from Christmas and I've only just got around to using it up! I'm usually not a fan of vanilla scents but this was actually really nice, a really gentle vanilla scent. I absorbed nicely and I'd possibly repurchase if it's released again for Christmas.

Nineteen. Soap & Glory Hand Food.
My favourite hand cream to date. I always buy the mini one as I find it much easier to carry around in my bag. I need to get to Boots to buy another!


 Make Up. I tend to use make up a lot for a little while and then it sits in my make up bag half empty, so I often don't have empties, but I've used up three this month!

Twenty. No7 Concealer.
This one is a bit of cheat but I spotted it in my make up bag & thought back to when I bought it, which was a good two nearly 3 years a go so I decided it was time for it to go! I wouldn't repurchase as it's quite cakey and low quality. 

Twenty One. Benefit Porefessional Sample.
I do really love this primer, but I'm starting to think I should try something else! I have another two tubes of this size so when I finish this I might investigate my options, but I would possibly purchase the full size.

Twenty Two. Chanel Mascara Sample.
I loved this sample, it was perfect. The wand was a really good size and shape and it was buildable without leaving lashes looking spidery. I am considering buying the full size when my next mascara runs out, but it's nearly £25 worth of mascara so it may have to wait a few months!


Skincare. As a skincare junkie I do tend to go through a lot of it!

Twenty Three. Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean.
I can't decide if I love or hate this product! I go back and forth on it constantly. Although it left my skin feeling clean I wasn't keen on the scent and it was a little too thick and creamy for my liking. I don't think I'd repurchase as I am so on fence about it! 

Twenty Four. Murad Anti Ageing Acne Cleanser.
I won this product in a Glamour magazine giveaway last month. It's a tiny little 50ml cleanser so it didn't last as long as I would like, but it did make my skin feel incredibly clean. I wouldn't repurchase as it costs £5.50 for this tiny little 50ml one, but it was nice to try.

Twenty Five. Boots Cucumber Eye Gel.
A nice product but not a great one. My eyes get a little saw with hay fever during the summer months so I went through this very quickly! I'd repurchase this for my hay fever as its quite inexpensive. 

Twenty Six. Benefit B.right Moisture Prep Toner.
I loved this product, it has more of gel like consistency rather than a water one and it's incredibly cooling on the skin. I would consider purchasing the full size even though, as with all the Benefit skin care, it is expensive. 

Twenty Seven. The Body Shop Facial Brush. 
I love this brush & can't recommend it enough! It lasted around 2 months before the bristles because too fluffy to use but at £3 each they are very inexpensive. I've already repurchased and I think I wil be doing every 2 or so months!

Phew, 27 empties this month! A huge amount & a huge post! 

What have you ladies used up this month?

X

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post, I'd like to do one myself but can imagine it's a bit of a pain hoarding empty bottles?

    Like the idea of using baby shampoo for brush cleaning, particularly if it is a pound!

    Cath x

    squaremarshmallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind hoarding the bottles, I just put them all in a make up bag & because I live in a flat it stops me having to go downstairs to put everything in the recycling (in Bristol they pick up plastics) & Baby shampoo is great for cleaning brushes because its soft :D x

      Delete
  2. i have the full size lush dream cream and it says it's a hand and body lotion, not a facial moisturiser?
    as for shower gel, i'd recommend trying out the original source ones, theyre so cheap and smell amazing!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true the dream cream is for hand and body but steam cream is multi purpose and I have sooooo many hand and body creams that smell of lavender :) I like original source shower gels they are lovely :D x

      Delete
  3. You got through loads this month! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often do >.< I tend to half use lots of products and then get through the all slowly but surely! x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!