Saturday, 21 July 2012

MUA Clear Mascara

Hello lovely ladies.

MUA are a brand I would love to say that I have loads from and I love it all, but I don't. 

The two Superdrugs near me both have the most pathetic MUA stands you have seen, usually stocking around 10 products, most eye shadows have been shattered, 90% of the Lipsticks have been opened and tested, one or two nail varnishes that have completely separated, as for the pallets that get rave reviews I've never actually seen one in store. I could order from the website, but I really resent paying £2.95 shipping as that's around the same as 3 items. So me finding something I actually want to buy, well, its rare. 


I picked up the MUA clear mascara last week as I needed something to help tame my eyebrows! Sometimes they just decide to point in all different directions for no reason whatsoever. As for the packaging there's nothing much to say about it, standard MUA packaging, clear plastic with a black lid.


The gel applies smoothly and it's completely non sticky. The brush is a standard fluffy brushed mascara wand. It tames my unruly brows with one quick sweep each, but it can also be used to stick down eye shadows if they require a bit more stick than a standard eyelid primer.

Not bad for a £1 hey?

So, if I was to order from MUA, what would you guys recommend? 

12 comments:

  1. I love the lipsticks in 7, 1, 13 and 11, and single eyeshadows in 9 and 12. I looooove thier eye primer and for £2.50 or whatever it is, it's worth a punt to see if it works better than expensive primers and paint pots. I'm out of clear mascara, I need to grab this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks hun I will keep my eye out for those ^^ x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love MUA, but I get what you mean about the tiny stands in some Superdrugs. I personally have to go further afield to get the really good bit ones- but it is totally worth it!

    My absolute favourites are the Heaven and Earth palette and the lipsticks (no particular shade- they are all amazing!) I too feel a bit resentful paying shipping when ordering online, but if it makes you feel better, the MUA online store usually have exclusive deals like right now I think you get a free nail crackle polish with every order and the mosaics and eye shadow trios are 2 for £4. So definitely check that out.

    It is probably my favourite brand and its great for experimenting so I would definitely say treat yourself if your going to order online- you won't be disappointed!

    Just in case you're interested, I actually have a video talking about my best and worst MUA products- so you could check that out to know a bit more of what I highly recommend and what to stay clear of. This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDPm9IcO-fs&feature=channel&list=UL :)

    Hope I helped!
    Julz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, lovely video and everyone raves about the heaven and earth pallet so I might just go for it :D x

      Delete
  3. I have just started using the MUA products and I really love what I have tried so far.
    http://musingsoftheblonde.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, so many different things I could order :D x

      Delete
  4. I never thought of this for unruly eyebrows. I get teased for this so this might be a small investment worth making! I LOVE MUA makeup :D

    CAT xo
    whatcatsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a quid I think its a bargain way of keeping them down x

      Delete
  5. I don't know why some people feel the need to destory some make up stands. I've seen some people using the testers on their faces and such too :| So many germs! This is a great idea for taming brows and £1 is a barg :)
    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, but not just testers! I always check pots of hand creams because someone has always stuck their fingers in and scooped! Cheeky people x

      Delete
  6. I've got this but I'm not that impressed by it. I like the brush but it doesn't seem to hold much product. And it looks super gross after a week or so!

    Lola ..x
    LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww :( it works ok for mine but I guess it depends on how much you expect from it, which I expected nothing and something was a result :D x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!