Thursday, 5 July 2012

My First NARS Purchase

Hello lovely ladies.

What started out as a quick trip out to get some cat food & some bits for dinner, once again, turned in to a purse battering, or should I say wallet battering as it was a gift from my other half! I've wanted this particular item for months and months and I think it was a case of if I buy it she will stop talking about it! 


My new, no prizes for guessing which one, blush. The plastic is sleek black matte and even the box it came it feels expensive! So, had a guess which blush this is yet?


That's right, it's Orgasm. Oh NARS & your naughty names, cue an awkwardly asking the sales assistant " I think I'll go for an Orgasm please" to which I stuttered "Orgasm Blush, BLUSH!" to which she replied with "this happens all the time" and told me of a time a lady came in with her boyfriend and asked him very loudly if he preferred Deep Throat to Orgasm. Oh NARS...! 


Another element of the blush packaging I really like is the nice big mirror in the lid, perfect for when your handheld mirror has escaped your clutches and hidden in that special place that only things you really need have hidden. Orgasm is described as a peachy pink colour with golden shimmer. In the pan it looks more peachy matte than shimmery, so on to the swatches!


Swirled on the finger you can already see the golden shimmer shining through. 
 

Applied to the back on my hand with a brush the shimmer is definitely there, a long with the peach tone base colour. When I was talking to the sales assistant she was telling me that the reason that Orgasm has reached the cult status is because it suits every one, the peach suits all skin types and the golden shimmer helps to warm to blusher up. She also told me because of it's cult status they sell 1 Orgasm every 3 seconds which is a little nuts! 

To me, it is the holy grail of blushers, I've tried the dupes of this, including Sleeks Rose Gold, and I still really wanted the NARS. The colour is just perfect, and I can see this being a very expensive favourite!

This blush has the slightly hefty price tag of £21.00 available from NARS or from Space NK.

Do you ladies like NARS products? What other products would you recommend? 

X

8 comments:

  1. Ohh it's so pretty! I have this in a wee set with Laguna and Albatross, but not full size :( I really want Sin too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all looked really lovely, I think I want another, already! x

      Delete
  2. This is SO pretty. I have so many blushers but I don't know if I can resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I >.< I was meant to finish one before buying another, but you know how it is .... *weak justification ahoy*

      Delete
  3. I really like Nars - my fave is the sheer Glow foundation, I also picked it for my wedding... nothing else to add, I think ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I didn't even look at the foundations, might see if they will give me a little sample ^^ x

      Delete
  4. I don't have any Nars products but I've never read a bad review on anything of theirs so I may have to splurge at some point!

    Lola ..x

    LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the products are always always raved about, easy to see why as well! x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!