Friday, 6 July 2012

Save, Spend Or Splurge - Multicoloured Glitter Nail Varnish

Hello lovely ladies.

I love researching & writing these posts! I love finding out if the real deals really match up to the dupes, and if you can achieve the look you were after & still afford food shopping! This time it the turn of a true passion of mine, multicoloured nail varnish! I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame so here is my save, spend or splurge!


Left to right - Technic Carnival, American Apparel Supernova, American Apparel Galaxy & OPI Rainbow Connection. Yes, I own 4 of what is essentially the same thing, and I don't feel the slightest bit of shame! Ok, well maybe a tiny bit... So on to the swatches! 

Save.


Technic Carnival - £2.49 via eBay.
Technic are a brand well known for their exact dupes, dupes verging on rip offs! As well as this OPI dupe, they sell Benefit High Beam dupes called High Lights and so on. Although it's a fraction of the OPI price, you do get a fraction of the glitter. The ratio of glitter to clear polish is a bit off so you have quite a hard time getting a full sparkle on to the nail. Having said that, it's good for adding a little sparkle to your nails, and the price is definitely right!

Spend.


American Apparel Supernova - £7 in store or via website here.
I decided to put two "spends" in as the size of the glitter varies, so depending on what you prefer there is one for you (unless you don't like multicoloured glitter, in which case, BOO). Supernova is made up of two different sized glitter, small hexagons and little glitter dots. It applies really well from the bottle and you need no more than 1 coat to have a full on sparkle. Although the clear nail varnish is really thick it helps to keep the nail varnish as smooth as it can possibly be for a glitter! Although £7 is a bit of a jump from the previous £2.49 the quality of this one is so much better than the previous. 


American Apparel Galaxy - £7 from in store or via website here.
This nail varnish is a personal favourite of mine, I live the way it looks like Christmas lights! The big glitter pieces are literally crammed in to the bottle. The glitter applies really easily but because the glitter has rounded edges you do need a decent top coat to get your nails feeling in any way smooth! I would highly recommend this polish, its just so sparkly & fun!

Splurge.


OPI Rainbow Connection - Between £7 & £14 via eBay here.
This nail varnish was on most peoples wish lists last Christmas, and because of that it has been almost impossible to get hold of since. I've seen Rainbow Connection sell for as much as £20 on eBay, but is it worth paying the inflated price? To me? Yes! I love this nail varnish so much I am actually considering buying a second back up one to keep in case I run out! The colours and glitter sizes are just perfect. You only need one very thin coat to achieve the desired look. But it is very similar to the American Apparel Supernova, so you could really buy either to achieve the desired look.


Altogether left to right, Technic Carnival, American Apparel Supernova, Galaxy & OPI Rainbow Connection.

So that's my Save, Spend or Splurge! Is there any more multicoloured glitters I should keep my eye out for? Because I clearly need 5!

X

12 comments:

  1. This is great! I love posts like this :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely :) I really enjoy writing them :D x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love OPI's Nicki Minaj - Save Me, it's my go to glitter polish :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like that one, it looks so pretty in swatches :) x

      Delete
  3. Supernova and galaxy are my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were one of my favourite finds ever :D x

      Delete
  4. This is a great post hun especially as multicoloured polish sells so quickly and is always hard to get a hold of.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, and I know the OPI sold like wildfire, I thought it would just be a couple of people after it.

      Delete
  5. Such a useful post. I guess you really do get what you pay for! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely, and sometimes I think that is the case unfortunately! x

      Delete
  6. oh wow, galazy is amazing! Definately going on my 'wants' list! I love these posts!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourite polishes of all time, its a beauty! x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!