Friday, 31 August 2012

August Empties

Hello lovelies.

Another month that I've seemingly used up a bunch of products! My bag of empties is literally overflowing...


So on to the empties!

Shower Gels / Scrubs.


One. The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish.
I picked this up brand new from a charity shop recently, but when I went to use it smelt like marmalade, which was pretty disgusting, so when I was in The Body Shop I had a quick smell of one, smelt exactly like all the other satsuma so I had to bin the lot, which was a bit disappointing. I want to buy another to try it out properly!

Two. The Body Shop Raspberry Ripple Shower Gel.
I picked this up in the sale for £2 and I am so glad I did, its utterly lovely! Its sweet without being sickly & I am hoping to pick another up, I'm hoping it hasn't all gone.

Three. Anatomicals Orange Blossom Shower Gel.
Ok, let me start this with saying I am going to email a complaint to ASOS after writing this post. You may remember me saying in last months post that I bought these as a duo pack, and the White Lily shower gel smelt revolting? Well this one was even worse... It smelt of a mixture of PVA glue & petrol, I managed to use the tiniest bit before having to pour it down the drain, which really annoyed me as I hate waste! I think that they had both gone off, so I am pretty annoyed as I haven't had them very long! 

Four. Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub.
My second pot of this, and although I do still like it I fancy trying another body scrub, just for a change.

Body Spray / Perfume.


Five. Impulse Love Puzzle Spray. 
An "Impulse" (hahaha I'm so very funny) buy from a while back on one of the hotter days we've had this summer. It was an ok scent, nothing special, and to be honest Impulse reminds me of being a teenager so I doubt I'd re buy it.

Six. Soap & Glory Glad Pits Deodorant.
I picked this up at Easter as it was randomly reduced in Boots at Manchester Piccadilly to £1.12, its pretty good as a deodorant, but the scent is pretty masculine. Its also (at full price) an eye water £5.50 which I think is a lot to spend on a deodorant, so I wouldn't repurchase.

Seven. Soap & Glory Mist Your Madly Body Spray.
Another purchase from the sale at Manchester Piccadilly, which was reduced to a quid, and I used it up but I have to say I'm really not a fan of the smell, so I'm glad its gone! No I wouldn't repurchase ;)

Eight. Moschino Hippy Fizz.
A lovely summery perfume I'm sad to be at the end of! Would I repurchase though? Probably not, only because I always want to try the next perfume, so I rarely will buy another of the same one!

Haircare.

Nine & Ten. Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner Minis. 
I picked these up for a couple of days away but I actually really liked them. It left my hair feeling soft but not weighed down. Seriously considering buying the full sized ones when its on offer.

Eleven. The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Conditioner. 
Although I loved the smell of this conditioner as it smells like strawberry laces, it did nothing for my hair & made it feel like straw, plus its quite pricy so I wouldn't repurchase. 

Twelve. V05 Give Me Moisture Shampoo.
I picked this up from Poundland to make my shopping over £5 so I could pay on card, I've had it before and although its nice there is something that doesn't sit quite right with me, I think it just doesn't leave my hair as soft as I would like. I doubt I'd repurchase, but possibly if I need to spend another pound to pay on card!

Thirteen. Argan Oil Hydrating Masque. 
Hated this product. Hated. It. Completely unless, as blogged about here. Not only would I not buy this, I doubt I'd buy any of the other products from this range. 

Fakes.


Fourteen, Fifteen & Sixteen. Fake MAC & Benefit Products.
As I blogged about recently here, I worked out that I had purchased a fake MAC blusher from an old colleague, which got me thinking about what else I'd bought from her, and had a quick google to compare, and yes, they are all fake! I am gutted because both of the Benefits are both very very used, and Lemon - Aid is a lovely primer (even as a fake) but as I know they possibly aren't safe to use, they are off to the bin!

Skincare.


Seventeen. No7 Make Up Wipes.
Love these & always buy them with the No7 vouchers, so yes I'd repurchase but only for £2 not for £7!

Eighteen. Hello Kitty Make Up Wipes.
I bought out of interest from Poundland to see if they were any good, and they were ok, very highly perfumed but worked pretty OK. I'm not sure I'd repurchase as I was put off by the perfume. 

Nineteen. Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash.
A freebie with Glamour last month, its nice enough but I didn't feel like it cleaned very deeply, which is all I really want from a face wash. It was a nice freebie but I doubt I'd hand over hard cash for it. 

Make Up.


Twenty - Maybelline Gel Liner.
Not really an empty, but its dried up so much its unusable, which is quite annoying as I haven't had it that long! I have kindly been donated another but I doubt I'd rebuy after that one as I like product to last more than a few months. 

Mouthwash.


Twenty One. Colgate Plax Whitening.
Without getting in to it too much I've been having quite a lot of dental products recently, so I've gone through more mouthwash recently! I really hated this one, it was far far too minty to the point where it made my mouth sting every time I used it. Deffo wouldn't repurchase! 

Twenty Two. Dentyl Active. 
I love this mouth wash, it has a gentle flavour and doesn't contain any alcohol which can irritate wounds in the mouth. I've already repurchase the full size.

Samples.


Twenty Three. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck. 
A nice perfume, but it smells almost exactly the same as the original Britney Spears perfume in the blue bottle, so its not very original. I doubt I'd buy the full sized as I'm not a massive fan on celebrity perfumes. 

Twenty Four. Darphin Hydraskin. 
I actually don't know where or how I got this, but I went inside my sample box and thought I'd give it a whirl. My skin was less happy about this whirl as it broke me out the worst I've had in months! I deffo wouldn't buy! 

Twenty Five. Skin79 BB Cream.
I love this BB cream and I plan to purchase the full sized as soon as I have some more funds & will do a proper review then. 

Lotions & Potions.


Twenty Six. L'Occitane Cherry Princess Hand Cream.
I adored this hand cream & gutted I've ran out! Its so light you can apply some when your hands aren't too dry and it smells amazing. I have another small sized L'Occitane but I would consider buying the full sized, but my bank balance might shoot me!

Twenty Seven. The Body Shop Vitamin Facial Oil.
A nice product, a nice texture and a nice scent. It also has a glass dropped which I find really useful as I tend to use far to much oil at once. I have a few other facial oils to finish first but I'd possibly repurchase it. 

So that's it, 27 empties this months! Someone asked me on Twitter last month how I manage to use up so many empties every month, and basically it comes down to using one product at a time and having a good rotation system. Would anyone find this useful?

What have you finished this month lovely ladies? 

X

16 comments:

  1. I have to say I love the fact you said the following:

    I'm not a massive fan on celebrity perfumes.

    To be honest I run a mile from most when I see them (I did like LuLus Time Bomb thus most). The whole celeb perfume just puts me off, but most people seem to go gaga for them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just always feel a little like they are aimed at a younger audience, which is fine but I'm just not a fan of any I've ever smelt

      Delete
  2. Such a shame about the fakes! I read somewhere that people have bought fake Benefit mascara off eBay and they had some sort of gasoline in them?! wtf?!? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live & learn I guess :( and yeah they've been reported to all sorts of nasties in x

      Delete
  3. About the Body Shop conditioner, I had the Balance one, in a shampoo and that left my hair feeling like straw too! I thought it was because it was for oily hair [which mine isn't but gets greasy quick], but I think it's odd that a conditioner from a different range did that too.
    I tried it once, and then it went into the charity bag.

    Liz/@MidnightDraven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Body Shops shampoos/conditoners aren't really for making hair soft more just for washing it, but my hair needs all the help it can get!

      Delete
  4. wow you got through a lot this month! i love soap and glory products but i do think the prices are ridiculous for the body sprays, who would really pay that much?!
    i only tend to buy them when they are on offer or in gift sets as xmas as more than £4 for a body spray is ridiculous!

    those fakes have just made me think about lemon aid I brought online from ebay dirt cheap about a year ago now, thinking about it was more than likely fake too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no :( the really easy way to spot is on the back, where it says Benefits address it say lONDON with a lower case l rather than LONDON, Sneaky sneaky fakers!

      Delete
  5. Love reading empties posts! Thanks for an interesting read :)

    Cath x

    squaremarshmallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love empties posts! Great read x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have used up alot. I love seeing these posts. Makes me more determined to use up each product before staring another.
    I really like the Body Shop vitamin E range - my skin really gets on well with it & i always go back to it. I really want to try the L'Occitane Cherry Princess Hand Cream & you have convinced me to pick one up.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! And its the only thing I've tried from the Vit E range but I really liked it so I'd love to try another. X

      Delete
  8. This empties post is amazing! You've used up so many products :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!