Monday, 27 August 2012

Balmi Lip Balm In Raspberry - EOS Lip Balm Dupe?

Hello lovelies! 

I've been seeing a lot of Balmi reviews all over blogger recently, as a newly released product it is being given the usually "New product review", and many people seem to like them. But I think there's another reason people like them, they look pretty much identical to the EOS Lip Balms (more on the later).

I wasn't sure when these were being released, although some Bloggers already had them I assumed that they were pre - release PR samples, so when I spotted a little row of them at the bottom on my local Boots lip balm display, I had to pick one up! 


I decided to pick up Raspberry, as I am a self confessed lip balm addict & don't actually own any raspberry flavoured ones. Balmi also comes in strawberry, coconut, mint & blackcurrant. The font & style of the outer box is fun & contemporary but is probably aimed at 16 to 24's due to the younger style.


The lid screws off to reveal a dome of lip balm, it also comes with a strap to attach it to your keys etc, I personally don't like this addition as the lid could easily come loose & destroy the dome against your keys, and I personally don't care for greasy keys but as its only a small feature. As Balmi are branding themselves as an outdoorsy company I guess it could be useful to take skiing or so on. It can be easily removed which I will be doing after writing this!

So, on to the question on everyone's lips, is it a dupe of the EOS lip balms? 


So here they both are, on first glance they are both pretty similar. Both sphere shaped lip balms with screw off lids. The packaging on the EOS is glossy as apposed to the Balmi's matte, but that is a pretty small difference. 


There is however a difference in the shape, the EOS is taller & in more of a point, where as the Balmi is rounder & flatter. 

So, I've sat and tested both of these over & over, and the main difference is the only really important one as packaging has very little to do with the actual use! 

The EOS lip balms are quite firm in consistency, and you need to apply quite a lot of the product to leave the lips feel moisturized, but the feeling lasts for a long time. The flavour (in this case Summer Fruits) is quite vague, and just tastes a little sweet. They are also 95% organic & 100% natural, paraben & petroleum free, and free from animal testing.

The Balmi on the other hand, is super soft and one sweep will leave enough product on your lips, if maybe a little too much. As I tried to rub it in, I found that I couldn't rub more than a little in, and this is because it contains petroleum & paraffin, both of which linger on the skin. The flavour is much strong, and tastes almost exactly the raspberry ripple sauce, quite artificial but still nice. Balmi also doesn't test on animals. 

So, in short no the Balmi isn't a dupe for the EOS as they both do very different things! The EOS is great for all day smooth lips, and the Balmi is good for a quick fix. 

One of the things that puts people off the EOS is that as an American product, it can be hard to find in the U.K , but a quick look on eBay and I found you can buy the Summer Fruits lipbalm (here) for £3.99 plus 85p postage. 

The Balmi is available from Boots (here) and cost £4.99 each.

So have you ladies tried the Balmi yet? What did you think?

X

4 comments:

  1. thank you for this review, really helpful! I prefer the sound of EOS, not tried any yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the EOS balm and I love it! I wanted to pick up one of the Balmi balms but the fact is contains petroleum and paraffin puts me off!

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried both and neither are great. I am totally addicted to Buddha Balm (buddhabalm.com). You must try if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!