Thursday, 2 August 2012

Boots Points Splurge - Benefit Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss

Hello lovely ladies.

After 6 months of saving up my Boots points I decided to spend some of them on treat rather than using them for shampoo or you know, something useful! I had something in mind, so here it is! 


I treated myself to the Benefit Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Sugarbomb. I have been excited about these since I first heard about them, but waited to try them until I had enough Boots points to cover one (anyone else think they should let you use your points for part payment?!). Lip gloss isn't something I often find myself lusting after but the colours of these looked super exciting.


Firstly I just wanted to say how much I adore the the packaging for this lip gloss. I love the way it looks like a melting ice cream! Its a soft plastic with a strong metal lid. 


The applicator is a large slanted nozzle with a wide hole to squeeze from product out from. I like this kind of applicator but it is easy to squeeze just a bit too hard and end up with way too much product, but I prefer than to one where you can't get more than a drop out, which tends to be when your in a rush and squeeze to hard, put the cap back on and come back to a half exploding lip gloss making everything in your bag sticky.


So here's the swatch! When I went in to Boots I originally thought I would want the Dandelion gloss as that is my usual type of colour, but it was such a soft pink it may as well have been any old clear gloss on my lips. But when the sales assistant put this one on me I knew I wanted this one. It's a dark pink / nude colour with a lot of shimmer. It also has a very gentle taste which is almost orangey! But the best thing about these lip glosses? They aren't sticky! I hate, hate HATE sticky lip glosses (I'm looking at you Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker, won't even come off with a make up wipe! Motherpucker indeed...) but the Benefit gloss glides on really smoothly and feels almost like a lip balm.

These retail at £13.50 each or 1350 advantage card points.

Have you tried the Ultra Plush Lip Glosses yet? What's your favourite colour?

X

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that this isn't sticky! It's very pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried these yet, but really want to! This looks great and I love the colour. It sounds amazing and like that it doesn't sound too sticky as that can sometimes be really annoying :(

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've not heard a lot about Benefit lipglosses- great post! I too am saving up my Boots points and then I'll treat myself at Christmas- I'm thinking 'They're Real' Mascara. I like the colour of this, its the ideal my-lips-but-better shade :)

    http://www.julzobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about being able to use your boots point as part payment, you can do it every where else! Lovely goss btw may need to try it out!

    Check out my review of the new Dior perfume!
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a shop with my Boots points, I did it the other day, I was saving them for Christmas but well, I have no self control! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!