Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Charity Shop Haulin'

Hello lovely ladies,

For a long time now, I haven't done particularly well in charity shops. Rail after rail of Primark dresses at £6 or £7 each and chipped Ikea basics for double what they cost were starting to get me down on the whole experience. So when my Mum suggested a day of charity shopping in Bristol's posher than posh area Clifton, I didn't expect to walk away with anything, and thought I'd be seeing a lot of £10 Primark dresses and over priced Boden.  But, I was wrong, and came away with my best charity shop haul in over a year. 


Admittedly not a huge haul, but a good one!


Mouse & Cheese Cutting / Cheese board - £2.00
This looks brand new to me, which is crazy because who doesn't want a cutting / cheese board with a mouse & cheese on it! Although this was probably designed to be a cheese board, as I don't like a lot of cheeses and have never held a dinner party (I'm a bit Can't Cook Won't Cook, Ready Steady Chef affected me in the wrong way it seems!) I will probably use it as a cutting board. It fits with all my other animal themed kitchen wears! 


Whittard Rose Mug - £1.00
I know, I know, every time I go charity shopping I end up with another mug! I don't need any more but I sure do like them! At first glance I thought (hoped?) it might be an older Emma Bridgewater mug, but Whittards will do!


The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish - £1.25
I've actually wanted to try this, in this scent, for a while but I hadn't purchased it as I wanted to use up the scrub I had a moment first, but for £1.25 it seemed rude to leave it behind! 


Yankee True Rose Tealights - £1.50
I love Yankee so I was more than pleased to see these! And as there are only 8 out of 12 I was more than glad to see it priced accordingly! I love Rose scent and the Yankee tea light burn for much longer than normal cheapy ones, at least 3 or 4 hours, so they will leave my house smelling lovely.

Total spend? £5.75! Not too shabby at all.

Have you ladies found any bargains recently?

X

10 comments:

  1. Some great buys, especially the cheese board :) That's so cute! I never do well in Charity shops, so hoping I'll find things soon :)! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, and I often don't thats why I was like NEEDZ TO BLOGSSSS haha x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I spotted it just as I went to pay for the yankee and thought oh that will be expensive , £2 bargain !

      Delete
  3. I love Yankee Candles too! They smell delicious. I have the Vanilla Cupcake one burning at the moment. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going charity shop shopping tomorrow, hopefully I'll have as much success as you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cheese board is so cute and the Yankee candles are always a good find! I haven't had much luck in charity shops recently :(

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased for myself as its literally been months since I found anything of note x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!