Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Real Techniques Eyeshadow Shading Brush

Hello lovely ladies. 

Ever since I invested in the Real Techniques blusher brush, I have wanted to invest in the whole range, the blusher brush is so fantastic it really changes the way the blusher applies. So, when I found that my eyeshadow brushes just weren't doing what I needed them to (more on that later) I decided to splash out. 


I picked this up in Boots for £7.99, which for me, is a lot to spend on an eyeshadow brush, so I was really hoping it would out perform my other brushes by quite a lot!


Although I do like the fact that the brush is purple, I wish all the Real Techniques brush singles were the same colour as so they would match (the blusher brush is pink, the stippling brush is orange & this one is purple, obvzz) but that's a small detail. The bristles are shorter than a standard eyeshadow brush as its designed for shading.


I decided to compare it to my No7 Blend & Contour brush, to see how it compared. 


As its my go to eyeshadow at the moment, I decided to test it with Lime Crimes Cupcake Thief. The Real Techniques brush glides really nicely through the dust, without knocking too much of the product out of the pot. It also picks up just the right amount, not too much leaving it clumpy, but not so little you will have to go back several times. It applied evenly to the lid, and as with all the Real Techniques brushes, its so soft that all other brushes feel scratchy by comparison. 


So, this was my reason for buying the Real Techniques in the first place. I was finding that my eyeshadow was clumping on my eyelids no matter how much I blended it. I'd have far to much on one part of my eyelid, and nothing for the other. This brush knocked quite a lot of product out of the pot as I gently placed it in which really annoyed me! Such a waste! The bristles, although fairly soft are no where near as soft as the Real Techniques brush. It also molts a lot, and as this brush has only been used once before this, I find highly annoying as although I used one of the No7 vouchers, at full price this brush costs £7, only 99p less than the Real Techniques brush! Its worse than any £1 brush I've ever had! Will be donating these to my little sister!

So that's my little review, so if your looking for a new eyeshadow brush, I would highly recommend the Real Techniques! 

So, is the Stippling Brush worth it? As I don't wear foundation often does it have any other uses? 

X

11 comments:

  1. I'm going to pick this brush up next time I have some money I think :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, just so bloody good!

      Delete
  2. I really want the starter set, as I have the core collection, blush and powder brushes which I really love! I love RT brushes, can't get enough of them xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really can't say enough good things about them :D

      Delete
  3. Oh the RT brushes tease me once again! Love the photos with the shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stippling blush. it makes foundation flawless when you do wear it. I sometimes use mine for brush too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm gunna pick it up soon :D x

      Delete
  5. The colour is dependant on what it's for.

    Eye brushes are purple, face brushes are gold and finishing brushes are pink! (: I suppose it's so you can easily see what they are for if the writing rubs off. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh ok, that makes a lot of sense :D x

      Delete
  6. I've recently tried my stippling brush with my BB creams and I love the effect!! It's definitely worth the $10 I paid for it. I look airbrushed! :) Great post- now I need the eye brushes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!