Tuesday, 7 August 2012

The Body Shop Love Your Body Card

Hello lovely ladies. 

Today I have an odd kind of haul post for you, but bare with me! 


After months of umming and arring about the The Body Shop Love Your Body card, I finally took the plunge, but my reason for not doing it sooner (I really wish I had!) was that it has never been properly explained to me what exactly it is / does, it was always offered in a rushed way at the till as I was paying. But I finally found a staff member that told me exactly how it works, so I thought I'd share it with you lovely lot, in case any of you have had the same problem!


So, the reason I was always so put off taking out a card, is that it costs £5. I know its not a huge amount of money, but when your not sure exactly what it does it sounds like a lot of money! 

Basically the card does 3 things - you receive a £5 voucher in your Birthday month (which they kept saying made the card free, but really its just moving the money from one place to the next!), you receive a £5 voucher when you reach 4 stamps (1 stamp = £10 or more), and a £10 voucher when you reach 8 stamps, but the thing the card does that made me the most excited is that you receive 10% off any product, full priced or sale! Which I imagine will be amazing for the Christmas shopping (between me and my boyfriend we have a huge amount of family, who all luckily like the The Body Shop!) But there are extras, for example you may get an invite to member events and you will be the "first" (obviously after the press) to hear about new products. Sounds pretty good yes?

The only real downside of this card is that it only lasts for a year, so (as the sales assistant messily wrote, which is driving me insane!) in August next year I will have to pay another £5 to get the card for another year, but as its not a huge amount to pay, its not the end of the world.


You also get to pick out a "free" (again I use the term loosely, as it will be inbuilt to the price of the card) Earth Lovers shower gel when you take out the card, this offer does change product every month but still. The shower gel smells divine, although I can only smell the apricot and not the basil, but I'm sure there is some in there somewhere! 

So do you ladies have a Love Your Body card? Have you found it useful to have?

X

11 comments:

  1. I think I got this yearsss ago and I never used it and it ran out! Although I'm pretty sure it was only like £2 back then! The cost of it is pretty annoying, even if lasted 2 years or something would be better, there are so many loyalty cards out there which are free! But I guess if you shop there enough you can easily justify it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been shopping there more and more but I probably won't now haha, its always the way!

      Delete
  2. I actually got mine free in a student event last October, so I'm hoping to get one again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that would of been fab, wish I was a student some times! x

      Delete
  3. My mom recently renewed her card and got the freebie which I have loved using :) Had the lemon body wash. The good thing about the card is the birthday discount as we got some of the Lily Cole items even cheaper after being in the sale (I think £3 for the eye shadows)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one of these years ago, but I don't remember having to pay £5 for it! Maybe I did and I didn't realise :S I might have to take it out again, I'm quite into Body Shop products at the moment! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same :D the reason I took it out was I am spending a fair amount in there at the moment so the 10% will add up :D x

      Delete
  5. I didn't get a free product when I got mine :( BUT! I did put it to good use on my birthday and get a body butter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my card! I was as reluctant as you at first but I've spent a ridiculous amount on Body Shop products recently so the discount was great.

    The only downside is you can't use it online, but apparentlyif you keep your invoices they'll stamp your card if you go in store!

    I also the apricot & basil shower gel, smells gorgeous! :)

    Lola ..x | LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had one last year, and had a lovely surprise when I actually had £10 for my birthday! They emailed me a £5 voucher which I thought was the birthday gift, I went in to spend it and the SA told me not to forget to pick up my birthday gift which was anything that cost £5 :) X

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!