Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Deborah Lippmann In Candy Shop

Hello lovely ladies.

You may remember me talking about Deborah Lippmann back at the beginning of the year, but if not I said that although I loved it I just couldn't justify it as its quite pricey. Well, the lovely Ali actually bought me a bottle for my birthday (which isn't until tomorrow but shhh) so I thought I do a little review & swatches of it. 


Candy Shop is a baby pink nail varnish with lots of different sized multicoloured glitter in. The Deborah Lippmann bottles are slightly different to most nail varnish bottles as they are short and square, rather that round and tall. So, on to the swatches!


One coat:
The glitter to nail varnish ratio is particularly good in the nail varnish, not too much but not so little it feels like a top coat. The pink base colour is subtle yet still very much there.


Two Coats:
The Glitter builds up very quickly and easily in this polish. The colour builds up nicely as well, with two coats its a much darker pink and less subtle than with one.

I absolutely adore this nail varnish! I personally prefer the way it looks with one coat, and I'm going to paint my nails with this for my actual birthday! Although they are pricey the quality on the nail varnish is pretty fantastic, so for the odd one I might re consider actually buying myself one or two!

Have you ladies tried any Deborah Lippmann polishes?

X

5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of the Deborah Lippmann polishes but I have found a look-a-like dupe for them. Avon are soon to be releasing a polish in their Color Trend range which is the same idea as the DL polishes i.e. they have different sized glitter in them. They are going to retail for around £3 so it might be worth checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely polish!
    Haven't tried this brand myself but I've heard they are pretty good quality.

    Cath x

    squaremarshmallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous polish, I wish I could justify the price of Deborah Lippmann! I love how this has a pink base, I hate having to paint a base coat and then put the glitter over the top!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love!

    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!