Friday, 28 September 2012

September Empties

Hello lovely ladies. 

I can and can't believe it's already the end of September, on the one hand where has this month gone, but on the other September always goes by quite quickly for me as it's my birthday in the middle of the month so the end tends to be taken up with birthday plans. But on to the empties! There are slightly less than normal as I seem to be making my way through mammoth sized products. 

Hair Care.


One. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush.
I've already spoken about how much I hate this product here, but I'm so glad I've finished this one, I still have half a sample can of Cherry left! Deffo wouldn't buy the full size, unless I was off to a festival, which again is unlikely (muddy fields & sleeping bags do not a happy girl make)

Two. Gum Salon Professional Shampoo. 
I picked this up in Home Bargins a while back as it was £1.69 for a 400ml bottle which is pretty good. It's a nice shampoo and left my hair clean, but it had a bit of an odd smell, not bad just odd, kind of lemony but not really. I would probably buy this again as it's so cheap! 

Perfume Samples. 


Three. Valentina. 
I've been making an effort to use up some of the little perfume samples I have, This was OK, nothing special but not bad but I doubt I'd buy it.

Four. Dot.
I really liked this one, so it was lucky & amazing I got a full sized bottle for my birthday! 

Five. Dahila Noir. 
These came with a magazine, and no matter what perfume I have on an the time, the second I see them I have to give them a whiff. These were nice, but I think ones from magazines tend to have a weird plastic smell from being stored so I'd like to smell it in a shop to see what it actually smells like.

Six. Dior Addict. 
I did quite like this, it's quite a mature scent but I'd like it for an evening scent. I'd possibly buy the full sized at some point. 

Seven. Benefit So Hooked On Carmella.
This has to be the worst perfume scent of all time. I even went to Benefit to make sure I hadn't got a gone off one. It smells kind of like burning plastic and that isn't even an exaggeration. I have quite liked some of the Benefit perfumes, but this gets a big thumbs down from me. 

Samples.


Eight. L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo & Conditioner. 
I was surprised by how much I liked this, as I'm not usually a fan of L'oreal shampoo but it's actually really nice, left my hair feeling really soft and shiny. It smells quite nice, quite minty. I would probably buy this if it was on offer as its fairly pricey at around £4 each. 

Nine. Sisley Day & Night Cream. 
Really didn't like this cream, it was extremely watery and it had a really artificial "earthy" scent. I wouldn't buy the full sized. 

Ten. Sanctuary Spa 30 Day Thermal Transformation Serum & Clay Mask.
I quite liked these products, the serum was nothing special, quite nice but that was about it. But the Clay Mask was really nice, it's rose scented and it warmed whilst on. I doubt I'd buy the serum but I'd possibly buy the mask. 

Eleven. Biotherm Blue Therapy Serum.
Although this felt quite nice, it broke me out worse than any product I've ever used has! Deffo wouldn't buy! 

Make Up.

  
Twelve. Benefit They're Real.
This is a bit of a cheat product, as it's been beyond use for a while but I just couldn't bin it! I have to say I'm really annoyed at this product as although the first few weeks I had it, it applied like a dream, but it dries out really really quickly (a known problem with They're Real) and becomes horrible to use. It's really expensive at £18.50 and I wouldn't buy it again as I'm unimpressed by how long it lasted.

Make Up Wipes.


Thirteen. Pure 3 in 1 Make Up Wipes.
Hate these. No other words but I hate them! They are incredibly dry and highly scented so they sting your eyes. I picked these up in Poundland as they were 2 for £1 but I don't think they are even worth 50p. Really really wouldn't rebuy! 

Shower Products. 


Fourteen. St Ives Apricot Scrub. 
I've mentioned before that I just don't like this scrub, it smells nice but the scrub element is too gentle for my tastes. I wouldn't repurchase this as I prefer other products a lot more.

Fifteen. Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel.
This was free when I signed up for the Body Shop loyalty card. Although I love the scent (Apricot & Basil) its very watery, which is a shame as if it was just a little thicker I would have to have another! I would possibly repurchase, but for £5 for 250ml its a bit pricey for something that didn't last very long. 

Creams.


Sixteen. Lush Charity Pot.
I really like this idea from Lush, rather than asking for donations they give you small tub of cream for £1. It smells really nice, kind of like chocolate. The cream itself is nice and absorbs quickly. I often buy these so I would repurchase. 

Seventeen. Burts Bees Banana Hand Cream.
I love this hand cream, its really thick and smells of beeswax & banana. I already have the full sized but I might keep this dinky jar for taking away with me. 

So that's it. Not as many items used up this month, and most of them are quite small, but still a good effort. 

What have you ladies finished this month?

X

7 comments:

  1. You've used up loads, I've only worked my way through two things this month, so disappointing :') x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I know it seems like loads but the last couple of months its been close to 30 nearly full size products so it just feels like a lot less :( x

      Delete
  2. I tried a Pure 3in1 last night and was amazed at how fragranced it was. It really is too strong.
    I have the 20 pack of Pure exfoliating wipes, which are much better. A lot less scented, and unlike Simple's exfoliating wipes with their waffle weave cloth that scratched my face; the pure ones are waffled but are soft. Will continue using those and get rid of the 3in1's I think.

    My empties is scheduled for tomorrow [about 11am]. Used up 5 things this month.

    Liz/@MidnightDraven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm may give those a whirl then, and yeah the 3 in 1's really are pants! x

      Delete
  3. I fancy trying the Burt's bees banana hand cream. x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!