Tuesday, 9 October 2012

6 Months With A Kitten - What I've Learnt So Far

Hello lovely ladies. 

I realised yesterday that it's almost 6 months to the day that we bought home the little bundle of fluff that is my Tuna cat, so I thought I'd give you ladies a bit of a tongue in cheek guide to what I've learnt so far. For you that don't know I've never had a kitten before, when I was younger I had a very calm, very old cat we took in towards the end of it's life, so it's deffo been an experience!


Tuna at 2 and a half weeks old, the first time we went to see him, looking like butter wouldn't melt, but what do you reckon?

6am is the PERFECT time for breakfast, even if it's the weekend and you have a cold. But never fear if you do get up to feed him, he will get under you feet, and sending you flying. 


MMMM early morning breakfast always tastes the best!

Your shopping will make the PERFECT bed for your kitten, the second you get home.


Bargains are even better if I get to sit on them!

White fluffy pet? Ditch the black / navy / any dark clothes, they are no longer your friend! I can't even think of the amount of times I've sat on the bus and gone "I'm sure this jumper is just navy, not navy and white..."


Yes just sit here whilst I rub my fluff all over your clothes! 

Have a drink? Not any more, it's the cats drink! We've since bought cups with lids & straws to stop him getting at them!


It's tastier if it's yours!

They will bite EVERYTHING you own, everything bar nothing. 


I'm just having a little taste! 

Just got something in the post? Did it come in a box? Move over, it now belongs to the cat, who will set up base camp there, for a week, at least. 


Welcome to my crib, would you like the grand tour?

Fancy sitting down on the sofa? Sorry but that seats taken... and they won't be moving any time soon. 


I like this side, you see... 

BUT most importantly, they are cute (most of the time) fluffy & will keep you company on the coldest, darkest evening, and I can't imagine not having a cat in the house now! 


Awwwwww I'm right cute! 

Do you ladies have pets? 

X

21 comments:

  1. Tuna is so SO cute.

    The fist picture just makes me want to cry. Small kittens, I find myself blubbing, god knows why. Maybe it's the cuteness overload and they're no longer with mummy?

    My lil' un is now 4 years old! I remember bringing her home for the first time like it was yesterday.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's really cute, the first time we went to see him I'm pretty sure that only dogs ould hear me I was squeaking so high! x

      Delete
  2. Ahh I love cats :) Mine is nearly 7 now but I remember when we first got him what a little rascal he was! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww they are such little rascals when they are little ^^ x

      Delete
  3. What a cutie! We've had a few cats from kittens and every time you forget how much of a handful they are!!! They definitely calm down with age thankfully, but it is always entertaining nonetheless :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so very naughty when they are little, as cute as it is I'm kind of hoping he starts to calm down a little soon! x

      Delete
  4. Aww he is so cute! I've had my cat for 2 years now and we got her when she was a few months old :) She's still a kitten, chasing things (including her tail) and chewing on things haha. I also feel the pain about hair on clothes. My cat's tortoise shell so I get white, black, grey & ginger hairs over my clothes, so annoying haha! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha its not too bad normally but if I'm ever going some where nice he decides he needs a little cuddle before I leave :D x

      Delete
  5. Oh Tuna, such a handsome boy! There's nothing quite like a cat. I have three! I got Mia at about 3 weeks old, she was so sick and tiny, but we've fixed her up and she's almost four now. You're never truly lonely with a fuzzy friend and they love unconditionally! Couldn't do without them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the best company :D x

      Delete
  6. I have a cat too. Made me want to do a a post on him cos he's a lil monkey. Your tuna is so cute!! They gro up so fast :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore cat posts, I love seeing other peoples pets :) x

      Delete
  7. YAY, a Tuna post! He's so lovely and cute. All these things are so true, boxes in particular lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww glad he has such a fan in you <3 x

      Delete
  8. Awwwwh what a great post! I afree with all your points, may I add one or two? Anything small enough (hair bands, tissues, etc) will be stolen, played with, and then hidden away in the cats bed, the cat will follow you around and watch you no matter where you go (toilet and bath time being the favourites in my house) and they will go in and out millions of times in the evening, and shout so loud if you try to ignore them hehe. My house was a madhouse with a cat and 4 kittens I loved it :-) great post and lush photos Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I absolutely love this post! I sat here nodding, laughing and agreeing at every point! They really are annoying little creatures but you can't help but love them!
    Tuna is such a cutie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you darling, and if humans ever had to describe to someone why they have a cat I think they'd be confused! x

      Delete
  10. Aww! I'm more of a dog person myself but this post made me instantly subscribe to your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you <3 Glad you liked it ^^ x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!