Monday, 15 October 2012

My Winter Lip Care Routine

Hello lovelies. 

The leaves are fully coming down from the trees, the days are getting shorter, but most noticeably the temperature is starting to come down, way down. And even though I love Autumn / Winter and would take it over Spring / Summer any day, there is one part of cold weather I hate. Dry lips. I'm not someone who suffers from very dry or flaky lips, however even if they are the tiniest bit dry, it will bother me like nothing else! So here's the products I'm using this year to try and keep my lips soft from Halloween to New Years.


Three little products to try and stave off my greatest winter annoyance!

 
Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - £5.25 for 25g
When I first spotted these in Lush many years a go now, I remember thinking "Why would I want to scratch my lips?!" but like exfoliation of the body, it leaves your lips feeling incredibly soft. I use this every night to try and prevent any dry spots popping up over night. Although £5.25 sounds like a lot of money for such a small amount of product, you need very little for every use, I actually kind of wish they sold it in smaller jars! 


This lip balm is fab for a quick hydration of the lips when they are very sore and just need a little bit of TLC. The Balmis taste fab, so I would suggest using them when your aren't particularly hungry because every time I use it I find that I really want a raspberry ripple ice cream! 


I picked this in New York around this time last year and I can't do without it! Although it's on the pricey end of what I'd spend on a lip balm, it is the most fantastic lip balm I've ever used. It's super moisturizing so it's perfect for when my lips are super dry and need healing quickly. I've used it a lot and there is still around half left so you really get your moneys worth, and if you suffer with really dry lips I'd really recommend it.

So that's what I'm using this year to stave off dry lips, how about you lovely lot?

X

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the lush lip scrub! I love Carmex lipbalms, they really are the best I have tried, and I have tried a lot :)
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the new flavour of Lush lip scrub which I LOVE and either MAC lip conditoner or a Darling Girl Cosmetics lip balm. I'm bad at taking care of my lips but it's much easier when you just stick things on your bedside table and do them all before sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. greate and informatic site for beautitips.
    for more info visit http://gforgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!