Tuesday, 2 October 2012

OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It Swatch & Review

Hello lovely ladies.

I couldn't be any later to the party if I tried, seeing as the Minnie Mouse OPI collection came out in either June or July but as I am really trying not to buy any more nail varnish at the moment I had to wait for my Birthday as it was a gift from the boy. The first sneak peek photo I saw of the Minnie Mouse collection I knew that I HAD to have Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It, a pink glitter with hearts? I am THERE. 


How pretty does this varnish look in the bottle?! At first glance it looks extremely glittery, with a good amount of heart sequins sitting between the glitter. I love the OPI bottles, in my humble opinion they are best shape and size (15ml) of any nail varnish I own. So, on to the swatches! 


Ok, so I'm not going to dilly around, I was quite disappointed with the varnish almost straight away. In the bottle it looks like it might be a stand alone colour, but it isn't, it's more of a top coat. The other little annoyance that I had with it is even though in the bottle the heart sequins look generous in the bottle, there are less than there looks, and they seem to all sit around the bottom & the sides, which I guess it to do with the weight of them, but it means to get even one out you need to sit and shake the bottle and try and fish one out. To me, I like to paint my nails as quickly as possible, and if something takes too long I will tend to give up. The above swatch took around 5 minutes, and I had to use my finger to dab on the hearts!

However, I think this will be nice to do as a statement nail , but I would of preferred to have a varnish I'd want to use on all fingers without spending 5 minutes on each nail! 

Is it a good polish? As a top coat it will work out ok if I can be bothered to sit and do it properly! Is it a great polish? No. For nearly £11 I expect something of much better quality, which is such a disappointment as other OPI glitters I have are fantastic. 

As far as I'm aware this is sold out now, however you can pick it up on eBay for around £10.

Did you ladies try this varnish? What did you think? 

X

7 comments:

  1. i think this is so cute but I just hate glitter polishes :( Sort of tempted just to get it anyway because it's pretty x
    p.s. haven't seen Tuna in a while... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! It's really annoying when you have to go fishing for the good bits though!

    Jo
    x

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Nicole OPI is like this, the teal one with the hearts - such a nightmare to apply! It's very pretty though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame! Maybe you could see if you can find a craft store that sells the little hearts and just add them yourself after :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually love OPI but I might resist temptation after your post hun. I'm on a real Models Own kick at the moment, they have some lovely glittery shades at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many bloggers raving about this, but I've seen the swatches and thought, "Is that it!?"
    It's a shame, it's so good in theory!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard a few people say that they're disappointed with this for the price & that they only wear it as a top coat. It does make a cute top coat its just a shame that its not more pink when on the nails :o(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!